Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Thanksgiving Wishes...

Wow! I can't believe that it's that time of year already! It's been two months that I've been officially gone from beloved Bay Area and here I am in snow-filled Minnesota! There were times where I'd actually have to remind myself that I'm in the Midwest and not back in Foster City. But aside from the weather, MN ain't too shabby. If you look beyond all the millions of lakes that they have over here, the most terrible drivers in the country, and all the uppity puti people who to continue shock me with their ignorance, well, shoot, who wouldn't like MN? On the real though, we've met some really great people here. It definitely isn't anything like the Bay Area and all the family n friends we've left behind. But I'm thankful just the same for all the people we've crossed paths with.

Hubby and I will be celebrating our 1st Thanksgiving here in MN and boy are we having a feast! Hubby will be the chef on duty tomorrow and taking care of the turkey, green bean casserole, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin pie, and chocolate eclairs. Who are we cooking all this for? Um, let's see...there's hubby... there's me...that would be...two. Hahaha! Let's just say that we're going to having turkey for days after Thanksgiving! YUM!

Anyways, as much as it would be wonderful to be back in San Francisco to see family, hang out with friends and play CRANIUM, I'm truly thankful for all the blessings He has given us. I'd like to share a letter that my niece Sabrina had to write for an assignment at school. Now just for the record, Sabrina came up with all the things that she was thankful for and her mom helped organize her thoughts together.

"I'm Most Thankful For..." by STL

I am most thankful for God giving me the truth, for knowing right from wrong.

I am grateful for my parents, brother, (sister), my grandparents, and family.

I thank God that I have friends, that I can go to school to learn and that teachers care
to teach me.

I am thankful for the food we eat, the clothes we wear, and the house we live in.

I am most thankful for all that God has made and for all His many blessings.



Isn't it amazing how a 6-year old can express in such simple terms the magnitude of her love and thanks? She describes all that we should be thankful for- not the materialistic things- but for the things that truly do count.

I would just like to wish you all a Happy Turkey day and may you remember all the blessings from above. Gobble Gobble!

No comments: