Sunday, November 02, 2003

SlamBooks
Admit it. You loved them as much as I did back in the day! Back in grade school, it was just a normal, wideruled notebook. The questions would be headed in fancy print at the top and numbers down the sides. Of course, no one started with the first line- you had to count down to your favorite number and use that! Then there's the business of trying to disguise your penmanship 'cuz you sure didn't want everyone to know who liked who- even though they did. They all started the same boring, predictable way: name, address, date of birth, siblings. The pages that followed were the REAL questions everyone wanted the answers to. For example: favorite band (Duran Duran) and Culture Club), favorite color (magenta), favorite number (12), favorite actor (Ricky Shroeder), best tv show (Facts of Life). Then, it got nitty gritty: cutest boy in school, most athletic, biggest nerd, prettiest girl, biggest flirt. Finally, it got down to business: who do you like, what is that person's best feature, have you ever held hands with him, name someone you'd never "go" with. Wasn't that a trip? "Going" with someone. Some people were so out of the loop at the time, they were like, "Go where?" Helloooo! As in, going steady. Ahhh...those were the days! I bring this up 'cuz while I was browsing in Borders ("favorite store"), lo and behold, they had slam books! I couldn't believe it, I got all excited. And yes, I bought one (there are 3 different versions: pop-culture, hypotheticals, and personals). I ended up getting the pop-culture slambook. After going thru the pages and filling out my answers, my excitement faded. Who else was going to sign the slambook (besides hubby)? Ya'll know if we were back in the City, I'd make everyone sign it during one of our get-togethers...'cuz yes, I'm corny and stupid that way! So now, I figured if I can't get anyone to sign my actual lil' book, ya'll can do it on my blog! I'll try to post a question daily and whoever is game can answer in the comments box. Yes, MnM will finally get to see WHO reads her blog...her real friends. :-p Let's make this an interactive thang, shall we? And if anything, humor me.

SlamBook Question of the Day
"What was your favorite childhood game?"

No comments: