Monday, November 24, 2003

Target Amidst the Snowstorm

Yes, the weather here in MN deserves all the attention that I'm giving it. The way I see it, I may be talking about it until it starts melting...and that could be up until April! Goodness me! Hubby and I braved the snow to do a lil' shopping yesterday. I have to say that I was a bit nervous as we headed out of the garage. Okay, I was A LOT nervous. Hubby's Lexus did its share of slippin' and slidin' and I was holding my breath the entire time. I felt tense all over and I was beginning to regret wanting to leave the house. If you looked outside our window, it didn't seem like the snow was heavy, but considering that it had started the night before and hasn't stopped since, well, it adds up. The roads were untouched and definitely slippery. Hubby was surprised that the snow hadn't been cleared by those tractors with the huge shovel-like thingy on the front. It was literally nerve-racking on my part. I think I'd rather do all the shopping now and stock up so we don't have to leave when it gets worse. I'm going to be like a bear and hibernate. I ain't coming out 'til the spring.

Tidbits

In the middle of the afternoon as I made my umpteenth trip to the window, there were two lil' kids playing outside. 'Twas just so cute- they were bundled up so much and throwing snowballs at each other that it looked like two mini-Michelin tire men! Too cute!

The preserve at the back of our complex simply looks beautiful...no more creepy crawly bugs and West Nile virus-carrying mosquitoes buzzin' around either. Everything is covered in a blanket of white that if Bambi came prancing along, it would have been picture perfect.

Just because you bought some new Nordstrom boots that happen to look really cute on your feet don't mean jack when you're walking in the snow.

There is a couple at our complex who are live-in building tenaments (is that the right word?). Aside from our regular maintenance guy, this couple takes care of the garbage, vacuuming the halls, and the basic upkeep of the building. They were outside shoveling the sidewalks and making a path to the entrance ways. I felt so sorry for the wife 'cuz she's this little thing of a woman. What her husband cleared on one side, she only did half. Just seeing her made you want to go out and help her. Sorta.

Thermals. Thermals. Thermals. Don't leave home without 'em.

Went to Bestbuy and bought some new PS2 games ('cuz that's just another activity people can do while we're stuck indoors!). I'm not much of a PS2 player, but I can hang in Bust a Move! Anyways, we got a snowboarding game that's pretty cool- that'll probably be the closest that I'll get in actually getting geared up and doin' fly tricks AND we also got some old skool games that's been converted to PS2: Pac-man, Pole Position, Dig Dug, Galaga, and my ultimate fave, Ms. Pac-man! What makes it so cool is that it's exactly how you remember them from back in the day while you stacked your quarters to call your turn. Has the same music, same graphics, and the same "Insert Credit" prompt if you'd like to continue!

A cool observation: the snowflakes really DO have their own shape and design! You can actually seem their unique designs as they land on the window or on your gloves.


Last, but definitely not least...

Hubby has been inspired and been wanting to make a few things in the snow:
snowmen
snow angels
yellow snow

*ya'll can think about the last one... lol!

No comments: