Friday, November 14, 2003

Good Advice

I've always heard of people keeping a notebook or pad of paper on their nightstand, ready to record any usual dreams or thoughts that suddenly come to them. There have been too many times where I wished I took that advice. I gave myself too much credit thinking that in the morning when I awoke, it would still be fresh in my mind. Not always the case. Though I'm usually pretty good at remembering my dreams, in full detail at times, I knew that when these words popped into my head last night that I had to get it down. Of course, I didn't have any handy dandy notebook to write down my thoughts (*catch the Blues Clues reference?*), so I did the next best thing and opened up my laptop...

Surrendering

In the moments before I surrender myself to sleep
My vision is but a haze of blurry darkness
Swirling about me-
I feel my body resigning.
My eyes, losing the battle against consciousness,
Intermittently close so tenderly
Like falling dewdrops on a rose petal
Shutting out the reality of my world.

MnM 3:30am

*Keep a notebook, pad of paper, anything that you can record your thoughts... you'll be surprised what you come with in the middle of the night.*

No comments: