Saturday, November 15, 2003

Dreaming of Hawaii

I dream of a place where sunlight
Heals the tired spirit,
Far from the things I am used to,
Where cleansing waters float away my
Cares and fragrant trade winds and
Waterfall spray caress my skin,
And carry the years away.

I dream of a place where romance is
Kindled and children play carefree
On sugar-white sand beaches.

I dream of a place where whales break
The surface of crystal clear waters in
A playful dance and
People hold the land in reverance.

I dream of the islands of aloha
I dream of Hawai'i.

*Just for the record, I did NOT write this. I actually got it on the backcover of the latest "Aloha Official Vacation Planner" magazine. Got it in the mail today and as I was flipping through the pics, I started fantasizing how it would be to walk the white sand beaches with the warm water lapping at my toes. Then, while I was doing my homework, I popped a cd of HAPA and continued my daydream of seeing the beauty of palm trees everywhere I looked. Ah...a gal can dream, can't she?*

Quick sidenote: Firemarshall J is going to be our first CA visitor! He booked his flight and everything (hey, no refunds, right?!). Yay! And isn't it interesting...to keep with the theme of this blog post, he's in Hawai'i right now. So Firemarshall J, take note...don't forget my calendar, my Haupia pudding packets, Kona coffee, my palm trees, some sand if you can swing it, and hey, just about anything you can think of to bring the spirit of the islands to Minnesota! =)



No comments: