Thursday, November 13, 2003

Recipe of Love...

Remember that list I started? One of them said to get to sleep earlier? Well, I just foolishly realized that it's not possible for me to do that when I've got a good read on my hands. Earlier this morning, I finished my latest book "Nights in Rodanthe" by Nicholas Sparks. If I were one to do book reviews, I'd definitely say that this was "signature Sparks" or "Sparks fans will not be disappointed" or "a definite tear-jerker." Yes, 'twas one of those. Aside from the whole recipe of love and love-lost, there's everything else in between that adds to the emotional climax of the story. Needless to say, I couldn't stop the tears from coming after reading the last line. As one of the reviews stated, "it will pull on your heart strings." Okay, so I'm a sucker for these kinds of novels...and once again, NO, it's not the books with the Fabio lookin' guys on the cover. The story was filled with love, anger, confusion, depression, fear, loneliness, wonder, awe, nervousness, longing...It was a simple love story that could have been real for anyone.

and Love-lost...
Earlier this week, I learned that one of my uncles (mom's 1st cousin-in-law) was admitted into the hospital. Apparently, he's been there for a week. From the update I got from my sister last night, he seemed to be doing fine. A couple of hours later, I got another call. He passed away earlier in the morning. Diagnosis: liver cancer. I'm not too sure of the details and I don't know how long, if they knew, that he had it. Everything just happened so quickly and so suddenly. Uncle R was a heavy drinker and I think that it finally caught up to him. He leaves behind a wife and twin sons.

*There's a saying that when one dies, another is born. In my experience, this had held true so many times. I have two cousins from that side of the family who are pregnant. It's like those babies are a sign to everyone that everything will be fine and that life goes on.

Maybe that's another reason why the tears kept flowing. My love and condolences go out to the Parungao and Susbilla family. Much love...

No comments: