Monday, November 17, 2003

Blah, Blah, Blah
I'm looking outside my living room window and all I see is gray everywhere. The forecast calls for possible storms today. It's wet, it's cold, it's gloomy, and it's just so darn blah. I'm sitting at our dining room table with the lights off, laptop on, heater goin' (GOTS to have the heater on!), and hubby is on the couch snoring, fully enjoying the sleep that he was robbed of last night. As I take in my surroundings, I'm tempted to scrounge up some words for a poem. It's just one of those uneventful days where all you want to do is climb back into bed underneath the warm covers and sleep the day away.

B.S. Blog
In the few months that I've used this blog, I've found it to be a means to get things off my chest and express myself. Sometimes not so eloquently as I'd like, but express them nonetheless. I've also done my share of checking out other peoples' blogs just to get ideas on what to write about, see what some people are up to, and to get an update on the lives of some of my friends and/or acquaintances that I've slowly lost touch with. Yah, everyone does it. So I'm checking out this one blog and this person is reminiscing of times past, adventures in college, and reflecting on then single-hood. It's true that we've all changed through the years- it's purely inevitable. But when someone starts spouting off something that you know for a FACT is untrue, one has to question if everything else that was written, dialogued, and said is true as well. Or is it one of those cases that knowing so many people are going to read and comment on the blog, they'd rather write about something that makes them more than they really are? Hubby had mentioned that people like to "gas themselves up." Hell, I didn't quite understand what that meant before, but now I do. Of course, you want to make yourself sound good, right? Not to the point of pious or pure, but no one is ever going to admit they're fake. No one ever wants to admit when they're wrong about something- no, they will hold their head up high, full of pride, and just hope that no one finds out the truth. It would be simply be too easy to point them out and burst their lil' bubble of reality. i won't name names because I'd like to think I'm above all that...that I'm the bigger person in all this. But with people like that, why bother using up the energy that could be spent on more important and meaningful things? It's just funny to compare what people would LIKE you to believe about them versus what some people really KNOW about them. This one particular blog rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm over it now. Screw 'em. As long as I know the TRUTH, nothing else matters.

No comments: