Thursday, July 01, 2004

Birthday Shout-Outs

Just wanted to wish my homie, Josemryosp, a very Happy 31st Birthday! I called him around 8:15am this morning to greet him and surprisingly, he was awake and sounding "irked." Apparently, some of his barkada went to his house early in the morning and woke him up, spraying all kinds of silly stuff on him. According to him, they're going to kidnap him for the day. See, to me that sounds FUN, but perhaps 'cuz he was still half asleep, I could see how a brutha could turn out when his precious sleep is disturbed...Aiya!

I met Josemryosp during my 2nd year at State. Though he hailed from the East Bay, he transferred in from Boston. He joined PACE and instantly became part of the Get-Along-Gang. Get-Along-Gang, if ya'll can remember, was that old skool cartoon about a bunch of animal friends. I can't for the life of me recall why we dubbed ourselves that...in fact, I want to say that one of the O.G. PACErs, Dom probably, called us that. During our 1st year at State, there was only a handful of freshman that joined PACE that year. Because of that newbie bond, we stuck together. There were eight of us- Keyopes, Dimples, ACL, Batalones, MnM, Ignacio, Dr.C, and Guam1. The following year, our lil' groupie extended to Josemryosp, lil' bros Phil and Nickyboy and later, JP. Yah, yah, so we were like a clique, but I have to honestly say that I've had the best of times with these people.

During our freshman year, we bailed out on school so often that it's no surprise I only passed three of my five classes (sorry Mom!). We went "gallivanting" hella times and 'twas the time when I really got to know da City. We'd go to Golden Gate Park in search of the buffalo, but found the waterfalls instead ("the waterfalls with the water falling" - Dimples). We'd drive all the way to the East Bay to get some free Baskin Robbins 'cuz Ignacio worked there or on Advising Day, we'd head out there to go swimming. We really bonded during our PACE years and though hella sh*t went down in our friendships, I'll have to say that those years were probably the best times of my life.

ANYWAYS, excuse the lil' flashback down memory lane! Happy Happy 31st Birthday, Mr. Josemryosp! Blows my mind that we've been friends for over 10 years and going strong. Hope that you have a great day and please, please, please, don't give anyone a beating! Lol! Much love!

Freakin' Ironic

So the camping has been over for four days now and I've gloated enough to hubby how I rarely got bit on the mosquito infested trip...why NOW, in the comfort of my own home, do I have more bug bites than I did out in the wilderness??? WTF? I suppose if you really think about it, it's that time of year when they are out and about like crazy. While we were "out there," bug spray was the "never-leave-the-tent-without-it" thang. Here, I take for granted that I'm safe. Quite the contrary, my friends. They find a way in. I don't know how, but they do. I think I'm going to have to start wearing bug spray along with sunscreen everyday...ain't that a bitch?! Both hubby and I are so paranoid that whenever we feel a need to itch, we automatically think it's a bug. Could be. Remember that whole bit about chiggers and no-see-ums? So small you can't even see 'em? Shiet.

During some down time at camp, hubby and I were hanging out in our tent and I encouraged him to try his hand at writing a poem. Let me say that hubby is a GREAT writer. He doesn't write poems, but when he blogs or writes other non-work related thoughts, he has a way with words and can be eloquent in his own way. For these lil' poems that he wrote, keep in mind that bugs were the #1 complaint of our entire trip. Plus, remember that lil' bit about me finding a tick in girlfriend's hair? Hubby creeped out 'cuz he doesn't know what they look like. Hahaha, I think this inspired him. Without further adieu, hubby's haikus:

In My Hair
by Doh

Bugs flying everywhere
Creepy crawlies everywhere
Look! Is that a tick?!

The Lake At Dawn
by Doh

Calm is the water
The lonely boat drifts away
Look! Is that a tick?!


Ain't that some deep sh*t?! Lol! It's all love, baby!

No comments: