Monday, July 12, 2004

Euphoria

You know the feeling you have after you get off an intense rollercoaster? The one that takes you through numerous twists and death-defying turns? The one where your stomach tightens up and you suck in that last breath before going down that goliath drop only to be forced into yet another frenzied upside down maneuver? The one where people can't decide whether to scream or laugh and end up doing a combination of both until their insides feel like popping? Then when the ride is over, your legs are weak and trembling and you're in that instant high where you sorta want to ride again or sit the next one out. And in those last euphoric moments, the only thing that escapes your lips is, "Whoa."

Egads, if I didn't know any better, it almost sounds like I'm describing how smokin' up a joint would feel like. Not that I would know. I've never done that sh*t ever. Seriously. I'm not talkin' drugs, I'm just talking about "the rush."

Hubby and I watched "Spiderman 2" today and it's funny 'cuz it was a totally last minute decision as we were walkin' out the door. So last minute, as in 10 minutes before previews...and MnM LOVES to watch the previews. How fortunate that we're just a hop, skip, and a jump from the local theater which, might I add, have been refurnished with nice, comfortable, almost but NOT stadium-like seating. Let's not forget the whole under $20 bucks for the tix and necessary must-haves. It still blows our mind when we add up exactly how much we spent for everything...

Can I just say that omigoodness,"Spiderman 2" was SO GOOD! Okay, so the analogy to the rollercoaster ride is a bit much. But throughout the entire movie, I was sittin' on the edge of my seat. It was intense! Now while I admit that I wasn't the hugest Marvel comics fan growing up, I knew my superheroes. What I didn't know was, according to hubby, that the movie was really about a 20-year storyline squished into a kick ass 2-hour flick. And boy, does Spiderman kick some serious ass or what?! Er, how about an eight-tentacled adversary named Dr. Octopus is more like it. And what about that Tobey Maguire, eh? Spidey sure works out...cheesy costume thang though. I don't think tight costumes will ever fly, (catch my pun?) but it'll work for now. Lol! I've seen good movies...and I've seen REALLY good movies. "Spiderman 2" is definitely in the latter category. It was so good that while the credits were rolling, I was clapping in my seat...and there aren't that many movies that deserve such accolades. Although the summer ain't over just yet, this has got to be THE best summer blockbuster movie!

In any case, if you haven't seen the flick yet, by all means go. And not that I'm going to give any of the plot away, but if you're going to see it, keep an eye out for the singing Asian lady...trust me, you won't be able to miss her. Lol!

No comments: