Friday, July 16, 2004

IKEA Mania

Well, if ya'll have dropped by hubby's site, you would know that the world of IKEA has taken the Twin Cities by storm. Not only did we NOT get our free Poangs (couldn't and wouldn't camp out and give them damn mosquitoes a free bloodfest on my body...no thank you), but we didn't even dare to go on opening day. We did, however, visit the following day and surprisingly, it wasn't unbearably crowded. I had to keep hubby in check...it was like watching a lil' boy on Christmas Eve waiting for the clock to strike 12 so he could open up his gifts. I mean, don't get me wrong, there were HELLA that caught my eye, too, but today wasn't a shopping day...only a browsing day. With a new place looming in the distance for us, our eyes were hungry of what might potentially look good in this room or that. Honestly, we weren't there for very long...2 hours at least. We just zoomed from room to room taking note of chairs, curtains, bed frames, duvet covers, coffee tables (although I've seen nicer ones from Crate and Barrel), shelves, and oh boy, the list can go on and on. I was actually hooked by all the different black and white poster pieces. My mind is already trying to cover the walls of the new place that doesn't even have the frames up yet! There was even this huge poster of the Bay Bridge at night with the da city in the background...now if it was the other bridge, no doubt we would've gotten that one.


Hubby wondered out loud why IKEA was such a big deal. Well, considering that they've never had one here and the closest one in Chicago is about 8 hours out, well, yes, I'd say that's reason enough for them to go ga-ga. Us, on the other hand, were fortunate to have lived within driving distance of TWO of 'em...ah, not everyone can be as lucky as us! 'Tis funny, too, that you can just see the look of awe on everybody's face...they're so blown away at how affordable and chic everything is. I was starting to think that the prices over here were a tad bit cheaper than CA. We kept comparing prices of what we have already and well, whaddaya know? I remember everytime we went, we'd stock up on our tealight candles. You buy 'em in a pack of 100 for about $4.99...over here, you pay $2.99!


I think it's safe to say that we'll be taking advantage of the 15-minute drive from our place a little bit more in the future...


Show Me Some Love


Don't know what happened to the other site that was hosting our comments, but hubby decided we should change over. Unfortunately, all the other lovely comments my loyal readers (um, yes you!) have left are forever gone in cyberspace, never to be read and reread by myself ever again. Sigh. So when you pass on by, show me some love!


My Inner Child


How Old is Your Inner Child?
brought to you by Quizilla


My inner child is forty-five years old today

My inner child is forty-five years old!
I've never really liked children, not even when I
was one. I want things neat, ordered, and
adult--fine wine instead of french fries, pina
coladas by the pool instead of beach sand
between my toes. Now if only my fellow adults
would stop acting like such, well, children!


Hmm...I don't really agree with that, although I've always been told that I'm mature for my age! And just for the record, I LOVE kids! (and goodness gracious, I would never have become a teacher if I didn't!) Lol...45 years old, eh? And this says what when hubby's inner child is 16???


Friday Night Plan


* do some homework (I've been procrastinating!)

* watch VH1's "I Love the 90's!" (1998 and 1999 baby!)

* start rereading "The Great Gatsby" (I'm trying to get back to literature!)


SO, as you can see, I'll be very busy tonight. Oh yes, I still have to figure out how to proceed with the wedding favors, too. Aiya! Well, hope ya'll have a great weekend...be safe and party hardy! Much love...

No comments: