Friday, July 09, 2004

TGIF


song playin' in my head: "Running" by No Doubt


I was going through some of the many unpacked boxes that we still have in our room and chanced upon this poem I wrote a couple years back. The title caught my eye 'cuz of my post on 'Anniversaries' and thought it'd be appropo to post this now as well. Whatever I was feeling at the time I wrote this seems irrevelant now- I just remember that I wrote it at the beach, hence, the water references. In any case...


After a Storm, There's Always a Rainbow


There's a sadness in my heart that can't be spoken
So turbulent are the words not ready to flow
The overwhelming emotions like waves crashing against each other
Fight their own battle within.
Always willing to meet the shore with surprising strength
Only to be returned to the sea of unknowing and begin again.
The endless cycle continues.


Is it the barrel of a perfect wave that I desire?
Or is it the calmness of the sea in the eye of a storm?
Perhaps it is the tranquil stream that steadily flows...
I wish to be the falling rain
Falling here and there, wherever my fate.
To water and give life to those around me-
The feeling of new beginnings, wiping one's slate clean-
To know that after a rainstorm, a rainbow will soon appear.


I often feel like a dam set against the forces of a mighty river
Ready to burst.
But my heart and mind somehow strengthens my physical power
To hold steady.
The life journey set ahead of me was never meant to be easy and
I am reminded that God does not give us challenges that we cannot handle.
But I am a dam, not perfectly built for a storm
Not ready and capable to hold against life's forces.
I overflow and burst.


The damage is done, but the hurt remains.
I'm a loss of what to do.
I ask my God for help and He answers me.
I know what must be done and so
I take what's left and begin to rebuild.
Now I am stronger...Now I am unbeatable
Willing to stand up against any storm.
Standing tall, I have overcome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Word Play


Got this as an email forward from future and soon-to-be Mrs.Gee...



I am: a San Francisco native and proud to be Pinay!


I miss: da City, the beach, E Komo Mai, Akagi's, Baskin Robbin's, teaching..oh yes, my family and friends, too!


I want: world peace and a cure for cancer. Is that too much to ask?


I have: three tattoos...and itching for a fourth!


I fear: losing my loved ones...bugs in my ears...drowning (traumatic experience when I was younger...)


I play: a damn good ass game of Mahjong


I hear: the incessant chirping and buzzing of the multitude of bugs outside my window


I care: for the kids of today..they are our future!


I smile: whenever I talk to my godkids


I love: anything 80's- music, movies, clothes..'tis my generation!


I think: about my life, my faith, my goals, my future


I always: carry kleenex in my pockets and bags


I dance: Filipino folk dances


I am not: fluent in Tagalog, but don't get it twisted that the language or lack thereof makes me anything less of a Pinay that I am...I was born and raised in a Filipino household and grew up with traditional Filipino values. And for the last time, just because I don't speak it, doesn't mean I don't understand it.


I sing: loudly when I'm driving by myself


I cry: when no one's looking, when I'm angry, and at practically every movie and sappy book or commercial there is.


I wish: that a school would hire me already!


I keep: everything and anything...i'm such a packrat!


I can: be a real bitch if and when provoked


I can't: stand ignorant & close-minded people! I also can't stand people who talk on their cell phones in restaurants without a care in the world that their obscene language is offensive and shrill laughter is annoying.


I write: poetry that people will never see and read


I win: when I get through to a child and make a difference


I lose: my patience with kids who don't listen the first time; my cool with people who can't drive; and I just plainly lose IT when people lie, cheat, or steal.


I smell: Sweat Pea air freshener from Bath and Body Works


I confuse: all the damn freeways and interchanges here in MN


I need: a job, a vacation to somewhere tropical, a massage, a manicure/pedicure, a winning Lotto ticket to pay for all our bills, a hug

Alright, that's all folks! Hope ya'll have a good weekend- much love...


No comments: