Saturday, February 21, 2004

Technical Difficulties

The awe and wonder of technology has got me totally phased out. Murphy's Law is truly in effect over here. As if it wasn't bad enough that I'm the cause of my distress over my dear laptop, all of our other computers in our place ain't working either- wtf?! All of the materials that I need to print keep freezing over and during the installing and reinstalling of programs onto one computer has got it all jacked leaving me without WORD. So when I try to copy and paste whatever it was I wanted to print into a new document, does it work? Argh! I am so tired and frustrated with all these damn technical difficulties! When I'm lost and confused, I turn to IT-savvy hubby...but when he's lost and confused, oh damn. Nevermind that I've got discussion questions, a project, and a team assignment due...that's it- I wash my hands of this!

MOA

Last night, hubby and I decided to head to Mall of America for some din-din. Yah, so we were too lazy to cook! I just needed to get outta the house, too. We parked in "Hawaii" and headed for the food court. In case you're wondering, each floor and section of the parking lot is named after a state, hence, the mall of America. Hubby and I tend to park in either California or Hawaii...we were in Texas once, but it just didn't feel right.

Not really realizing that it was a Friday evening, we were surprised to see so many people with their rugrat kids in tow. I kept saying, "Isn't it a school night? Parents let their kids run wild here on a school night?" Haha, yes, the jokes on us. 'Tis Friday and Camp Snoopy, the theme park inside MOA, was full of these munchkins running to and fro with no care or courtesy as they bump into you. Hmmph, they just don't know hubby though...they don't know that when a brutha has been bumped one too many times without an apologetic "sorry," hubby will bump back! Or, "oops, was it really my foot that tripped your punk ass as you so rudely ran by me?" Now of course, ya'll know that hubby wouldn't really do anything that mean...don't get me wrong, he'd be thinking it and be really tempted, but he wouldn't do it. *smirk, smirk*

I was craving Mexican. They really don't have any good Mexican restaurants over here...Chevy's is cool, but I want authentic . Authentic as in El Burrito on Taraval in the Sunset. Authentic as in San Diego burritos. Hell, I'll even take and get whatever is authentic at Baja Fresh! The chicken burrito I ordered was good...not excellent, not hella yummy, but good. We took our seat in the food court right above the mini Legoland. This part of MOA is truly cool! I don't care if you're young or old, you'll find the various creations simply amazing! They've got a Harry Potter, a space shuttle, and even these huge dinosaurs that move- all completely made out of legos. 'Course this is a topic of dinner conversation for hubby and myself. We were remembering back to when we were young'uns ourselves and I commented on how creative some people can get with these plastic thinga-mabobs that latch on together. In my 3rd grade class alone, I can watch these seemingly unmotivated kids get so excited about playing with legos and they become these lil' engineers of whatever their imaginations knock out! Me, on the other hand, had no imagination whatsoever. I couldn't visualize things in my head and make it appear. I was telling hubby that all I'd do is just stack and stack 'em up and his ongoing joke for that night was, "While your students build cars and airplanes, you can build a wall!" and "Wow, that's a very nice and tall building you have there!" Yah, yah....so legos didn't spark any imagination. I preferred books, thank you very much. I didn't earn the name "Bookworm" back in grade school for nothing, you know! Hahah, 'tis all gravy. Heck, if I had a curtain rod like hubby did when I was younger, I'm sure I would've pretended going through the trenches with my rifle, too! Lol!

After din-din, we decided to walk around a bit. As close as we live to MOA (10 minutes), it's not our first choice to hit when we feel like shopping. Honestly, the place is too damn big! I remember the first time we went, it was so overwhelming. Know what? It's STILL overwhelming! Unless you know for a fact which store you want to visit and in which wing it's located, you're better off going to a regular lil' mall. We ventured looking for Krispy Kreme, but instead found ourselves at Cinnabon. Yum. So we circled around, window shopped, went into a couple of stores, almost got hit by some ghetto fabulous obnoxious peeps (although we weren't sure if the person twirling their bag in the middle of the walkway, who in my eyes looked high on something, was a girl or a guy!), and after about 30 minutes, decided to ditch the crowds and go home. For a second, I swear I was back home at Serramonte!

Da Worst Week

Thank God the week is over! This week had been a rollercoaster of emotions. So much went down this week that I'm just glad to have it all done with and out in the open. Ya'll know how hard it is to maintain relationships... it takes even more to maintain a marriage. 'Course there's no such thing as a perfect marriage. Everyone has their our ups and downs, their "good times and bad," and we just have to deal with situations the best way that we can. Hubby and I are no different. Add to that the whole technical difficulties issue, the "blog war" between a friend and myself that hit on some really personal and sensitive issues (which btw I think is safe to say that WWIII will not be happening anytime soon...), all of the corny and sappy shows and movies I've been watching lately that trigger the dam of tears to burst, the fact that I was missing home a bit, and hell, my period is due anyday now (sorry, too much information, I know...)! It really made for a seriously sh*tty week, BUT...thank goodness it's over.

It helped to go to MOA...got my Cinnabon on...got to watch "50 First Dates" with my ultimate date....got the bomb soundtrack that brings me back to the 80's (and that ALWAYS cheers me up!)...got all the crying/frustrations/venting out...and aside from my laptop incident, it seems that the coming days and weeks ahead can only get better.

Did I mention that hubby and I browsed through some model homes today? Man oh man...ya'll living out in California would simply not believe how affordable it is to live out here in the Midwest! We're hoping that by the summertime or end of this year, we may have a real place of our own...keep your fingers crossed! (and save that money for your trip out to MN to visit the bomb friends that you got over there.....Doh and MnM, in case you were wondering!) Lol!

No comments: