Friday, February 13, 2004

Just Had To Share

When I wake up in the morning, I pretty much follow the same routine. Check school messages, eat brunch, go online, talk to some peeps, then buckle down and do some classwork. I had just put my away message on when I get a message from my bro in CA. So we chat a bit and then I notice my mom signs on. It was just a couple of weeks ago that I had IMed my dad for the first time. I wasn't even sure if he knew what instant messaging was! Heck, it's just cool that my parents have joined the online community like the rest of us! 'Twas funny 'cuz when I said hello to my dad, he started lecturing me about my car and my insurance. Yes, even how many miles away and online, my dad will find a way to lecture me!

So I say hello to my mom...and nothing. Hmmm...I'm thinking that she doesn't know what to do, but then she starts typing. I tell her some things here and there...and nothing! Hahaha! Then, all of a sudden, it's my dad typing saying that my mom called him over because she got all excited. He wrote that she's "never had an online conversation before." I think what makes it cute is that I can see my mom in my dad's office, sitting in the chair with her glasses falling off her nose, and wondering what the heck is this lil' screen popping up that has a note from me in MN! I can see her saying calling my dad over, " 'Ney, what's this?"

I didn't talk to my mom after that, but I joked to my dad that this was definitely a cheaper way of keeping in touch. In any case, I just had to share that because it made my day!

No comments: