Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Goin' Solo

This past week, I have been flying solo here in MN. Hubby had a training out in Denver and I had the place all to myself. 'Tis nice sometimes, y'know? I got to clean house, do laundry, do homework, and according to Mare Naomi, you get more stuff done when no one's around! Lol! It has been unusually quiet though...normally, hubby would have his music blaring from his office or the tackles from PS2's Madden would be echoing loudly from our surround sound system and vibrating the walls. I have to say that I was proud of myself for dropping him off to the airport and making my way back home. Yes, it's not that hard, but for someone who hasn't really driven here and with all the damn freeway changes (think L.A., sorta...), it can get confusing! My one biggest fear was that I'd miss an exit and end up in either Iowa or Wisconsin! Not cool...

In terms of relocating, Denver was actually one of our first choices. We had even checked out all these books on Denver and looked it up online. It seemed like a really up and coming place to move to. First of all, we would've definitely been CLOSER to CA...just two states away people. Plus, I'm sure I would've been able to learn how to snowboard! But one thing to know about Denver is the mile high thingy. No, not like the "mile high" club, you freaks! I'm talking about how Denver is 1 mile above sea level. In most books we read, hiking can be very dangerous because of the lack of oxygen and whatnot- how crazy is that? So hubby has been telling me that his nose has been bleeding since he got there and that he was short of breath at times. He's even had trouble sleeping. Reminded me of when we were in Maui for our honeymoon and went to the top of the Haleakala crater...hubby and I had THE hardest time catching our breath 'cuz we were so damn high! The altitude change makes a big difference!

Enjoy the Silence

Goin' solo also gives you time to think...I mean, really clear your mind from all distractions and be one with silence. Makes me think I should be taking up yoga or tai chi to relax (..."must find my chi"...).

I was thinking that this may be the opportune time to bust out any poetry. Considering the events of last week, surely something could've come to mind....WRONG! Obviously you can't force the issue, but it seemed I had a case of writer's block. I physically sat there with pen and paper, waiting for those words to come, but sadly, they never did. So what's my next best bet? You got it! Watching VH-1's After Hours and MTV's Insomniac Theater until 4:30am in the morning.....crazy, eh?

Yesterday, I took a break from schoolwork and watched "Under the Tuscan Sun" again. I could have easily watched "A Walk To Remember," one of my favorites that no matter how many times I've seen it, still end up crying at the exact same places. I mean, yes MnM has a tendancy to cry at virtually every movie she watches, but this one...oh man. It just totally pulls the heart strings! (like we haven't heard that one before!)I was wanting to watch another dvd again, but was having a hard time choosing. Tearjerker? Drama? Romantic Comedy? Disney? Too many choices! Instead, I ended up watching TLC's Trading Spaces, Designer's Challenge, and In a Fix. Now be it that totals up to 3 hours of vegging out, I watched it while I did other stuff. Gosh that would be so pathetic, wouldn't it? Just to sit in front of the TV all day and do jack? Lol! I shouldn't preach...I HAVE done this before! Sad, sad, sad...

btw: anyone catch my Depeche Mode reference???

No comments: