Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Just My Luck

So, as if things just couldn't get any worse, my laptop comes crashing to the floor as I accidentally trip over the cord! No major physical damage, but I definitely jacked something up. The wireless netcard that I use wasn't working and for a while, all the programs were frozen. A panic started to rise in me because not only was it a gift c/o hubby, it had all my important files for my online program on it. Plus, it's how I "go to class." For the past five hours, hubby has been meticulously mulling over my beloved Presario while I do my work and other online activity on his spare laptop. This spare laptop is actually very annoying. Annoying because the keyboard is somewhat jacked itself and a few of the letters, particularly "e," doesn't work unless you seriously pound on it. Makes for a very tired middle left finger!

Hubby went to Best Buy to get a wireless netcard for my computer. Ever since I got the laptop, my other computer just sits pretty in our other room collecting dust. I've really had no need to use the other one really. The change from working on a laptop back to a computer isn't major, but I definitely prefer the laptop. What also sucks is that I can't find the fricken receipt to the laptop! So I suppose yet another trip to Best Buy is in order tomorrow. It's all very disconcerting...honestly!

Thanks hubby for missing out on our Wednesday lineup of WB faves to work on my laptop. It's much appreciated!

50 First Dates

Went to see this Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler flick and y'know what? It's GOOD! The Hawaiian backdrop was breathtaking, the storyline itself is cute and romantic, the "Wedding Singer" couple are great together once again, and hell, they even got Samwise Gamgee in it! Lol! Rob Sneider plays another kooky character, this time a local brutha with a jacked up eye and Frodo's sidekick is hilarious with his lisp... Aside from all the comedy, the storyline tugs at your heart. Yes, I cried and you will, too! It's definitely a dvd purchase and btw, the soundtrack is bomb, too!

'Twas definitely nice to get outta the house and feel the warm 42 degree weather. It's actually the "eye of the storm" before the storm that's going to bring half a foot of snow our way. Great. I'm looking forward to it. NOT! I better get my thermals ready...it's going to be a cold one.

No comments: