Friday, February 06, 2004

MnM Has Been Punk'd

It has come to my attention that I had been a victim of a prank, an MTV style "Punk'd," just without all the lights, cameras, and Ashton making a surprise appearance. Boo. That would've made it so much better, y'know? And plus, if the one doing the punking (the "punk-er") read the fine print of exactly how to pull one off successfully, the many hours and nights of cursing and venting could've been avoided. But no. Call it a punk gone wrong. Instead of a few hours or even the 30-minutes that it takes to show one episode of "Punk'd," this particular one lasted two weeks. Two fricken' weeks. Now, I have had my share of jokes pulled on me before (being born on April Fool's and all...), but this has to take the cake.

So one of my friends (who shall remain nameless to save him any more guilt!) called me up two weeks ago to tell me he got engaged. Now as happy as I would've been under any other circumstances (and ya'll know how much I love weddings!), He-who-shall-not-be-named has only known his little flower for a few months. I'm not saying that it's not impossible for two people to realize that they are perfect for each other and want to live the rest of their lives together after only a short period of time. It IS possible! In fact, I do think that they have finally found their other half, their "soul mate" in each other and I'm genuinely happy for them. BUT, when so-and-so calls me practically everyday from the time they first met to when he became "sprung" wondering what his next step should be, I would think that he'd heed my advice of going slow. Does he? Of course not. To actually follow any of my words of advice (or anyone else's for that matter) would be totally going against his whole persona....'cuz He-who-shall-not-be-named HAS to do what his gut says. It isn't a terribly bad thing to go with that gut feeling, but with his track record, let's just say he's no stranger to my "I told you so's."

The news of the engagement makes my jaw drop to the floor and I literally had to sit down. Instead of the normal congratulations I should have uttered, the first thing out of my mouth was, "You are sh*tting me!" He-who-shall-not-be-named continued to tell his story, how he proposed, how she accepted, etc, all the while I'm sitting there, stunned and speechless...something I rarely am.

I finally talked to He-who-shall-not-be-named and he tells me that he has a "confession" to make. Turns out that the engagement was a fake. WTF? So what you're telling me is that I got heated for NOTHING, thinking that this fool never listens to me and in my eyes was making a rash decision based on being sprung?! Turns out that this lil' prank of his was only supposed to last a couple of days. But things came up and it slipped his mind. Slipped his mind. Great. Even Ashton wouldn't let it slip his mind. 'Course, this is where the prank went wrong. Now ya'll gotta understand that I've known He-who-shall-not-be-named for 10 years. 10 YEARS! I've been there and seen what he's gone through and honestly, I'm just trying to watch my homie's back. But for this dude to pull this kind of prank on ME?!Nah uh. That ain't cool. Fo' reals.

Okay, so MnM has been punk'd. Ha ha. The jokes over. But y'know what? I ain't laughing. Not yet anyways. I'm sure that I'll look back at this and laugh my ass off at how ridiculously silly and foolish it was of He-who-shall-not-be-named to pull a fast one on me. Homie may be thinking, "Yes, I got her! I got her good!"But it's not without the consequences, my friend. Not without the consequences. Payback time will come...just you wait and see.

All I gotta say is "Jonathan, aka JP and Firemarshall J, you messin' with the wrong person! You're lucky that I'm so damn forgiving! Truth be told...you suck!"

Now that's off my chest...I DO feel better. Thanks J! Hoo-sah! *evil smile*

No comments: