Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Love Day!

Yesterday I received my first ever Valentine card from my dad! This was a huge thing considering that my dad has NEVER sent me any card, whether it be for my birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. It was a strange "phenomenon" that started a couple of years ago. It was a gradual progression. Started with my mom (of course!), then gifts for my brother-in-law (!), my sister, her kids, and now me. Better late than never! Lol! Seriously though, it was really nice to get a card from dear ole Pops. Being a card connoisseur that I am, I even had to check on the back and wouldn't you know it? Hallmark! I can just picture my dad at the Hallmark store amid all these Valentine card buyers trying to find that just-so-right card. Hahah, first my mom talking online via IM...and now my dad sending Valentine cards! Wow-they never cease to amaze me! Makes me miss them even more now...

Also talked to my sister (who btw, doesn't like my new blog skin- boo!). I've been complaining so much how I miss me some Pan De Sal bread and lo and behold, she just sent me a lil' care package! Yay! If I had it my way, I'd have some E Komo Mai, Akagi's, El Burrito, and Baskin Robbin's Mocha Blast (without the cinnamon!) shipped over, too. Oh man, was I feening for some real burritos or what?! Aside from Chevy's, they got their Chipotle's and Don Pablo's over here, but 'tisn't the same people...'tisn't the same. In any case, advanced thanks to my sis for sending some goodies and a lil' bit of home my way! Thanks a bunch- love and miss you! (*btw: a new blog skin is in the works!)

Just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Valentine's Day! Although it shouldn't take one day out of the year to tell the special people in your life that you love them, go ahead and do it anyways...just remember to tell them every day after that. Much love to you all...

No comments: