Saturday, February 07, 2004

Movie Marathon

Beginning Friday, it seems that I have been on this mission to watch as many dvd's as I could. It's nice to be able to afford the time to lounge around the house without any worries. God, I need a job! I've got a mini-break from my online classes and I suppose I'm just trying to catch up on my dvd-time. 'Course I had to have my supply of kleenex nearby 'cuz it ain't a movie without the tears. Here's the list of what I've popped in during the past couple of days:

* Fighting Temptations
* Under the Tuscan Sun
* League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
* Sweet Home Alabama
* The Rock

I especially enjoyed "Under the Tuscan Sun." It's funny how we can all find parallels in movies and relate it to our own lives, isn't it? I think I had mentioned this before, but it's true. This particular story is about a woman and the decisions that she makes as she tries to rebuild her life after a series of bad sh*t in her life. We often think that life is so unfair, but the truth of the matter is that we have to go through some of the hellish times in order to achieve the better and best times. Things don't come easy, we all know that. But other things require more time, patience, and a series of wrong choices that will ultimately lead us to the best decisions of our life. It's like we're all given second chances when given the opportunity to "start over."

Moving to Minnesota IS like starting over with a semi-new and fresh slate. Sure I miss da City, my family, friends, and everything California, but this was a choice to come out here. The positives of this move outweigh the negatives. Not to say that I've left my life completely behind in CA, but I'm given the fortunate chance to start another here in MN. Out here, there's no living in and behind shadows of other people. I'm not known for my parents' prestigious reputation in the community nor am I expected to fulfill certain expectations because of the family name. Here, I'm just me. The moment has come for me to face the world, have true independence, and start living, really living, my life. Aside from God and hubby, there's no one left to depend upon except myself. And that, my friends, is truly liberating.

No comments: