Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Happy October, everyone! Maybe it was 'cuz I had just talked to Mrs. Sharon and Miss Lily the other day, but I had this sudden urge to do the whole "pinch, punch, the 1st of the month" to somebody. Ya'll remember that? I'm missin' out on the whole working thang and bein' around kids lately...today was school pictures at Cornerstone, I hear. I know that all the grades are startin' to prep for Christian Heritage Day and upcoming Christmas shows...have to admit that I won't be missin' on all the practices! There is that sense of pride that wells up in my chest when the big show comes along. And as many times as you tell the kids NOT to start waving to their parents from onstage, you know they will and when they do, it's kinda cute. What isn't cute is when some knuckle-head kids start foolin' around...those are the ones you just want to slap upside the heads sometimes, you know? NOT that you'd ACTUALLY do it...it's just what you'd WANT to do, you know? LOL! It's all love, people! Seriously tho, I have to give props to all the grade school teachers who put in tons of hours before, during, and after work to get not only the shows organized, but to get their days, lesson, paperwork, managing a classroom, etc, in order on a daily basis. Ya'll are my heroes! I definitely miss the school/classroom environment and can only hope that I'll be back in one in the near future.

No comments: