Monday, October 20, 2003

Ladybug Invasion!
I can't believe all the googling I've done on ladybugs. Yah, you read correctly....LADYBUGS! Or should I say lady BEETLES. You know, the little red bugs, er, beetles with the black spots on them. The ones we're taught are the "good bugs" that eat the other bad ones like aphids. (lil' science lesson for ya'll!) Anyways, the reason I bring that up is 'cuz there is an invasion goin' on here in MN! Seriously. Beginning in the fall and well into the winter, ladybugs in the hundreds and even thousands try to scope out places to chill for the winter weather. This could either be inside or outside a home. But during anytime we've gone out, you see them flyin' everywhere. No joke. Plus, the certain species out here, the Asian ladybug, is quite differnt than regular ladybugs. From my google research, they've got 19 black spots, they're orange in color, AND they're bigger...about a third of an inch bigger than a regular ladybug! Ewwww! Now yes, these are the helper bugs, but when you got them flyin' here and there, ya'll know that I sure got my ears covered so they don't want to hole up anywhere else! Now honestly, they're harmless lil' buggers, but if you saw our window screen the other day, you'd seriously get wiggled out. These suckers are HUGE! Plus, since they're on the other side of the screen, thank God, you don't get to see the pretty orange and black spots. Nope. You get to see the nasty lil' body and the legs wiggling about! I wish I could show you a pic...if you're totally bored after reading this blog, go google it. Asian ladybug.

No comments: