Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Minnesotan Youth
Went to get hubby's car washed today...turns out they employ a lot of school kids to dry, wipe down, and detail the cars. Even had 'em get in the driver's seat and move it! What the heck?! Some of these kids don't even look like they're in high school....child labor in Minnesota?! One of the punk kids even took a smoking break! Geez! I was honestly appalled that this kid sat there taking a drag while the adults worked inside. Sat there all arrogant and smug, too. Do they know about this?! Okay, so these kids aren't hanging out with street thugs and they are working part-time afterschool...but c'mon! Then you WANT to say something, but you don't want to say something....very disturbing. Sometimes you just wanna slap 'em upside the head...shake 'em....BUT that's only what you WANT to do, and not what you actually do. LOL!

Back to School
I wish it was back to the classroom, but it ain't. I start my online classes with University of Phoenix tomorrow. Can't really say I'm looking forward to it. For the past month and a half, I've gotten used to not doing anything academic...no lessons to plan, no papers to correct, no chapters to read, no work to research....aside from the whole unpacking thing, I've gotten so used to watching Food Network! It's all good though- must get those juices working and flowing in the brain again! With taking this leave of absence for my Dad's surgery, the whole Certification/Master's thang will be completed by January 2005. Better late than never, right?

I've actually looked into some of the schools over here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. 'Course there's no teaching positions open, but there are quite a few subbing positions. I've been checkin' out the private school websites and some look really appealing! I really want to be back in a school environment. I miss being with all them rugrats and having a hand at opening up young minds to new things. I have that fear that the longer I'm away from it, I may change my mind and not want to teach anymore. I pray that doesn't happen! A joke that I have with homegirl Mrs. Sharon is that I can't stop teaching 'cuz there isn't anything else I CAN do! lol! It crossed my mind that perhaps God has another plan for me out here. But my heart is telling me that it's in a school where I belong. It's scary that I would have to "start from the bottom" again and work my way up. But it's a start, yah? Back to the joke about not being able to do anything else besides teaching...I could suck it up, and work at, say, Target...imagine the discount! Hahahaha! Okay...maybe not.

No comments: