Tuesday, September 30, 2003

CulturFest
Drove an hour south to Owatonna for this gig. Were put into a gym where the "dressing rooms" were separated by sheets on one side for ladies and on the other for men. The stage was set outside in the schoolyard where the weather was COLD, COLD, COLD! Honestly, I was having flashbacks of when I was in Barangay...CSFA actually reminds me of the humble beginnings we started dancing with. I know that I've often complained about the "professionalism" of this dance company and I'm still trying to internalize that. Something as simple as having everyone's hair (buns) and makeup the same just wasn't apparent. We might as well have left our hair teased up like everyone did in the 80's and it wouldn't have made a difference! Some of the aunties had their bun all done up all fancy that you'd think they were on their way to a formal; others' barely passed as a sufficient bun! Then, there's the jewelry issue...the nail polish issue...and how about the whole 'counting aloud' issue... I think that I've really expected a lot when I shouldn't. Did it feel good to be on stage and perform again? YES! But if ya'll were to ask me how the overall performance went? I'd say "mediocre." Am I being mean? No...just being honest. It was cool, though, to have been with the group, make my debut dancing, and get to know the other members a lil' bit more.

Ghetto
Just had to share. Hubby had ordered a water dispenser for our place. Deliveryman makes the drop at the main entrance. We check it out a few days later and see ONE bottle. We figure we'd pick it up later on in the day...it's a trek to bring it up to the third floor and plus, we don't normally go through that way, you know? A couple days later when we decide to get it, there's nothing there except our slip order...for TWO bottles! Last we saw, there was only ONE...which means, some ghetto ass person in our complex took our water! Hubby called the company and turns out that they aren't responsible for stolen bottles. Wouldn't even waive the bottles or offer any apologies. Hmph! Guess we'll be cancelling our orders....I totally miss Alhambra!

Lifetime Fitness
Yup! We joined a gym! It's been such a long time since we've both worked out and/or done some REAL activity...we figured it's time to get back into shape. Had our first of two assessment appointments- you know, the one where they pinch your fats and tell you exactly how out of shape you are and what our goals should be...the ones where your self-esteem goes through the roof 'cuz hey, before that, it took all that huffin' and puffin' just to make it upstairs! lol! Okay, it wasn't that bad, but the threadmill fitness test hurt...5 minutes of trying to keep up and concentrate on NOT falling off. Something to look forward to though...I'm not really into the machines much, but I will be getting into the aerobic classes, like kickboxing and maybe even, step aerobics. With the cold weather startin' to come not-yet-in-full-force, it'll be productive for us to be active. In any case, hopefully when ya'll see us again come December, that there'll be a difference that shows!


No comments: