Thursday, October 23, 2003

MOA Excursion
Hubby and I went to Mall of America, otherwise known as MOA, the other day. 'Twas a spur of the moment decision. We thought that since it was a weekday that it wouldn't be so crowded. Yay, we guesed right! The last time we were there, it was so freakin' crowded that I stopped tryin' to get outta peoples way and let 'em bump me. 'Tis amazing how shoppers on a mission turn out to be rude ass people. A lil' "scuse me" or "pardon me" or "my bad" will do, but nope. Bump the lil' brown girl...the lil' brown CUTE girl, might I add. They won't mind. WE puti people rule the world remember? They should be apologizing to US for being in OUR way. Shiet. Damn puti peoples. ANYWAYS, hahaha, before I go off on a whole other tangent...and ya'll don't want me to go there! I had been complaining to hubby that I am SO not prepared for this below zero crap that I've been hearing so much about. I need the basics, you know? Winter coat, hat, gloves, earmuffs, and yes ladies, shoes. Shoes. Boots. Either one. (cowboy boots? Hmmm....those'd be cute, too, eh msbLiSs?!) So, Hubby and I mosey on down (yes, still moseying...) to Nordstrom so I can stock up on my MAC. Hubby heads to the men's shoe department and later tells me that no one bothered to help him. Boo on the Nordstrom men's shoe dept for not wantin' to help a brutha out! They get the gas face! =p Just as we start checkin' out the ladies shoes, a pushy saleswoman gets all in our business and starts pointing out this and that. Hubby helps pick out this snow Timberland-lookin' boots called UGGs. Australian, you say? Never heard of them. Now, I'm no chaussures extraordinaire, but once I put on the sheep skin boot lined up with fleece inside, ooooooh, they were toasty! I had also been eyeing some cute, black, dressy boots, so shoe lady went to hook us up. She was like, "just relax, I'll bring everything to you." Yah! That's what I'm talkin' about! lol! She brought some out and I finally found a pair that fit real nice. Of course I had to do the slip/non-slip test on the floor- this includes being able to RUN, 'cuz you never know when the need may arise and plus, I refuse to be one of them lame girls in movies who die first 'cuz they couldn't run away in their heels...AND it also includes being able to CHA-CHA or electric slide, 'cuz well, you never know when the need may arise. As I was debating on which pair to get, shoe lady started to break us down with her knowledge. She commented, "When you're going out to a party, you wear the snow boots to and from the car. Once you're indoors, you change into the cute, dressy boots. That's what everyone does." Makes sense, yah? But you know what? I really don't think I'm going to give a rat's ass about how cute my feet look when the weather gets to 20 below freakin' zero! Or will I? Hmmmm..... Turns out hubby decided to splurge and get me both pairs. This winter I will not only have warm feet, but cute feet as well. What a guy, eh? Lucky me. Be jealous.

No comments: