Tuesday, August 26, 2003

The Last Flashback...I swear!
Okay, now I'm going to have to blame my sister for this one! Back in the day on Saturday afternoons, after my Ate and I have spent the morning cleaning house, we'd always watch t.v. Nothing spectacular, eh? But the shows that I watched weren't really typical of 7 or 8 year-olds. My sister and I are seven years apart, and her being the older one, I never really had a say of which channel to watch. I remember looking forward to watching Erol Flynn in episodes of "Zorro," that mysterious masked man who'd leave his trademark "Z" with a sword. How about all the Frankie and Annette beach series? Remember those?! I totally loved the "Tammy" series..."Tammy and the Doctor," and all the other "Tammy and the...(whatever occupation the main guy was)." I loved those 'cuz Tammy was this hopeless romantic...and what did an 8 year old know about being a hopeless romantic?! 'Course there'd always be singing somewhere in the episode, too! Singing? Yea! C'mon now, this is the same time period as the ever popular Grease! Twas totally cool back then..and STILL is to me! ANYWAYS, besides the "Tammy" series, there was the "Gidget" series. I just finished watching "Gidget Grows Up." For those of you who've never watched this one (or EVER watched it at all!), it was about this immature, young girl named Frances whose nickname was Gidget. The man of her dreams for as long as she can remember is Jeff, or, and please don't ask 'cuz I sure don't know, nicknamed "Moondoggie." From what I recall, lots of the episodes took place frolicking in the sand and surf. I'm guessing the genre took place in the 60's. Well, this one episode was probably the LAST one because it goes through the "I'm grown up now and don't need you in my life" storyline, only to end up in marriage. It's just such a sweet story, so innocent, and so fresh. No cuss words, no sex, just the simple (and corny!) love story of how they've always loved each other and how they're meant to be. Ah...if love and life were only that simple..... Okay, that's the last of those flashbacks...Moving on.

No comments: