Monday, August 18, 2003

Flashback
Tonight was just full of flashbacks! I was watching “I Love the 70’s” on VH-1 tonight and be it that I was born in the 70’s and consider myself to be of the 80’s Generation X genre, it was hilarious! They had the Jackson 5…you know, when Michael Jackson was still black! Other notables were the Partridge Family, bell bottoms, afros, disco, Love American Style (egads, does anyone else remember that?!), and so much more. But I have to say, I still love watching “I Love the 80’s.” Even if I’ve seen the re-runs over and over again, I’ll drop whatever I’m doing and sing along to my faves!

Grease 2
Didn’t we all want to be a PINK LADY???

I don’t care what anyone says, but this movie rocks! I must have seen this a thousand times and I swear, I never tire of it! I know practically every song in that movie by heart! (“I want a cool rider, a cool, cool, cool, cool rider. I want a c-o-o-l, r-i-d-e-r.”) And the best is, of course, the “Calendar Girl” song. You remember, the song the Pink Ladies sang during the talent show. I remember back in the day when my two youngest aunties, my sister, and I would sing that song at the top of our lungs! Everyone wanted to be “winter” because that was the coolest season to sing about! Yah, so what if it’s cheesy! So what if people thought the original Grease was better! These are the kinds of movies that I totally love! “I’ll be yours in springtime, when the flowers are in bloom. We’ll wander through the meadows, in all that sweet perfume. And every night, I’ll hold you tight, beneath that April moon.” (sing with me now…) “Aaaah ah, aaah ah, aaah ah…I’ll be your girl for all seasons, all the year through. Your girl for all seasons, cuz I love. Yes, I love to be everything to you….just you.”



No comments: