Thursday, September 30, 2004

And So It Begins....


My new class starts today and just looking over the syllabus, I can already see that it's going to kick my ass. Thankfully, I'm over and done with the 8-week classes. Those were rough, on the real. One good thing about those long courses was that the assignments seemed spread out more evenly. These month long classes just seem jam packed with projects due left and right. In the past, I've been fortunate to get by without reading the entire text. That's bad, I know. Slap me on the wrist if you have to. But for this particular class, I don't see any way around it. Dammit.


I'm hoping that this class will be much more interesting than the last. I was so disappointed and bored out of my mind in the last one. Plus, it didn't help that I had so many technical difficulties that made me want to tear out my hair.


Legal and Ethical Issues in Education. Sounds intriguing, eh? Hahah, actually, yah it does! Every program has to begin with theory and well, no one ever really enjoys that. Then it goes into the Core stuff that you can actually use and that's always fun. I've learned SO MUCH in the last four classes that can be directly applied to being in the classroom. Now, we enter into the legal issues, the rights of teachers, and the rights of students. In this profession and in so many others, it's just so imperative that we're aware and totally knowledgable about the legality of it all. That way, we're better prepared to defend ourselves and what we do without fear of crossing the line and being crossed. Plus, ain't nothing that beats the moment when you can intelligently throw it back in the faces of some obnoxious parents who automatically assume that their condescending attitudes and place in society far outweigh the tiny position of a classroom teacher. Honey, I think not. Yah, this is going to be an interesting class. Quite interesting indeed.

No comments: