Tuesday, September 14, 2004

$100?!


My computer has died. Died. Died. Died. It has taken with it to computer chip failure heaven all of my school files, my papers, my projects, all that I've busted my ass over, and worst of all, my personal writings that include my poetry and potential million dollar novel projects...yes, that part is wishful thinking, but still. I honestly don't know what happened and in my eyes, if hubby can't fix it, then there's no hope. So since this has happened before, hubby brought my laptop to Best Buy and they say that it MAY be possible to save all my data....for $100. What?! First of all, we bought the fricken laptop from their store and with the warranty that we bought, this service should be free! You know, I'm sure many of you would fork over the hundred bucks, but that's a hundred bucks that could be used for food, gas, rent, and other essentials. Though I'm totally bummed over losing all of my work, it ain't the end of the world. At the time, it was almost enough for me to crawl under a rock and cry, but I think I'll be okay. Still though...$100?! Kiss my ass, Best Buy!


Flubs revisited


Remember how I had those "three flubs" before the girls came to visit? Well, I think it must be rendezvous 'cuz I had yet another three. It's crazy how all things happen in threes. I mention the whole laptop crashing thing, too. Sucks big time, for reals. You can read all about it on Tha Wood and while you're there, check out the new pics that hubby posted of the girls' visit to MN.


Belated Shout-Outs


- Happy 1st Anniversary to Eastbay and AI! They celebrated da happy day this past Sunday- whoo hoo! I was telling hubby that he should call them and greet them, but we figured that they might be "busy" doing their thang...if you know what I mean. ;-) Hey guys...any babies yet??? Hope ya'll had a good one and wishing you two more happy and wonderful years together. Much love...


- Happy Birthday to my Apu! My dad's mom celebrated her 88th yesterday. Out of all the people that I know in this world, when you ask her how she's doing, she will tell you EXACTLY how she's doing. "Well, I went to the doctor's last Friday because my neck was hurting. He tells me it's arthritis. It's very painful, but the doctor gave me medicine. I think it's making me sick. My feet have been hurting, too, because of my gout. Hopefully it will be okay for my birthday party this Saturday..." Not that I'm making fun of her ailments or anything, but my Ate and I always trip out how she responds to that question. It's endearing really.


My Apu is the cutest thing, I swear. She was the one who insisted that I stuff some frozen tocino and longanisa into my luggage to bring back to MN. Ever since we were kids and she knew that we were coming over, she'd always cook "pindang" (Kapangpangan for tocino) for us 'cuz she knew it was our favorite. Probably not too healthy, but yummy for the tummy!


In any case, it was so great to talk to Apu. To me, she is the ultimate grandmother. It never fails that when you visit her, she has countless hugs for you and whenever you talk to her, she never lets go of your hand. She got nuthin' but love to give! She'll be celebrating her 88th this Saturday and though we can't be there, we'll be there in spirit! Love and miss you!

No comments: