Monday, September 06, 2004

A Return to Blogger World


Egads...has it really been THAT long since the last time I blogged? And to think that since then, I've met two of the most incredible stepkids ever, mommy bliss finally gave birth to baby Eve, my Dad was admitted to the hospital for an angioplasty (and doing well, Thank God!), our soon-to-be townhome is just around the corner from being completed, and miracle of all miracles, MnM finally got herself a tan! Yes, lots has happened since I last wrote and though I could write detail after detail accounts of everything, I will settle for the highlights.


- First of all, a belated congratulations go out to the newly married couple, the Leynes! They tied the knot at Treasure Island in beautiful San Francisco yesterday and though we couldn't make the nuptials, we were there in spirit. May the two of you have a wonderful life together- much love!


- Lesson learned from msbLiSs: epidurals are your friends. =)


- Townhome closing date has moved up- doh and MnM are happy campers!


- It's been a year since my dad's quadruple bypass surgery. You'd think that after that whole opening up of the chest cavity thang would've been enough for my dad to eat better and keep up with his exercise regimen, right? Well, turns out that they found THREE more clogged arteries...didn't want to do open-heart surgery again and was advised to have an angioplasty instead. Don't exactly know if it's all entirely my dad's fault, but according to the doctors, it's way too soon to be seeing more clogging after only a year. In any case, he's doing well and itching to get back into the swing of things. Please keep him in your prayers, will ya'?


Highlight of the Summer


The most anticipated meeting with da girls can be summed up into one word: incredible. All of my worries were put to rest by the first full day they were here. We got along so well that it even surprised hubby! In the week that they were here, we made three trips to Mall of America for shopping and rides, passed by the famous Mississippi River, drove through downtown, had dinner and hung out with the church youth group, went swimming (and yes, MnM got tanned!) and all other nights, we just chilled and watched dvds until the wee hours of the morning. I feel that I really got to know them in the short time they were here. The oldest shares my love of books and Harry Potter, while the middle shares hubby's musical talent and silliness. It was awkward to see hubby in papa-mode, but being altogether, hanging out, laughing, and just enjoying each other's company put all of my fears and anxieties to rest. I did have my alone moments with them where we just talked about anything and it honestly just warmed my heart that we had the opportunity to get to know each other better.

The day of their departure, there was this sadness in the air. It was bad enough that we didn't want them to go, but da girls kept insisting that they didn't want their visit to end either! Because they are minors, hubby was able to accompany them to the gate. As I said my goodbyes, I lost it....I'm terrible with goodbyes, ya'll! According to hubby, when da girls saw me crying, they started crying, too! Aiya! What a bunch of crybabies!

Although we plan on having them visit for Christmas break, it can't come fast enough. Technically speaking, yes I am a stepmom. I still can't get over it. But y'know what? It ain't bad at all! From this meeting, I feel that I established myself as something more than just their dad's wife...a friend maybe? Perhaps. All I know is that they thought I was cool. "Way cool," to be exact. At this stage, I'm absolutely satisfied with that.



Last, But Not Least


A shout-out goes out to the FACC youth group! A bunch of 'em came over our pad yesterday so we could all watch "Hero." Since the movie wouldn't start for a couple of hours, the dudes exercised their testosterone levels by playing PS2 while the chickas looked at pictures and "tsismissed" themselves out. 'Twas fun to have the house alive again since da girls have gone and boy oh boy, was it loud or was it loud?! The movie itself was deep. There were so many visuals and imagery to take note of but because there were subtitles, I don't think I got the full blast of the experience. We definitely have to watch it again once it hits dvd. Jet Li is lightning fast; the girl from Crouching Tiger/ Rush Hour 2 was dope, too...but I gotta give props to Snow. That's one bad ass Asian chick I would NOT want to have pissed off at me! Lol! If you haven't already, go watch it. You'll be wowed by the swift sword play and the beautiful backdrops.


'Twas really cool to have our first ever youth group gathering at our place. Hubby and I have been wanting them to hang out for some time now. It gave us a chance to chill, have our lil' one-on-one's, and just talk story. The evening made for a lot of laughs, too. Having the youth group in our lives is not only a blessing to us, but hopefully to them as well because I know that hubby and I can somehow make a difference in their lives, too.

No comments: