Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Catching Up


Here's a quick rundown of the things I've been up to...


UOP: started up another class (see previous post below) and have been a busy bee with reading and doing research. Instead of visions of sugar plums dancing in my head, I've got all these court cases randomly popping up and meshing to create a singular nonsensical case in my mind. It's been an interesting ride so far. I'm not a usual follower of "Law and Order" (although I did watch "Jag" and "The Practice" for a bit) and so a lot of the terminology is new to me. You'd swear after watching "Ally McBeal" religiously that I would've internalized some of something! I guess the dancing baby and the sudden bursts into song distracted me. Lol! Man oh man, I can't wait until that comes out of DVD!


WB: yes, I am a WB freak. Hubby and I are a WB family. Although we do watch other stuff (in fact, we probably watch too much of everything!), the WB has got us tuned in almost every night. Plus, they just got, in my opinion, the best of the best music out right now.


Sunday: Charmed, Jack and Bobby
Monday: 7th Heaven, Everwood
Tuesday: Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill
Wednesday: Smallville, The Mountain
Thursday: Survivor, ER (non-WB night)


Honestly, I can get by with only watching on Tues. and Wed. (Gilmore Girls and Smallville are a MUST!), but I've been seriously hooked to these new shows. Even though I'm only tuning into Charmed recently again, not only do I love the fact that it's set in da City, but it's just so cool to see some girls kick ass! (I am woman, hear me roar! Lol!)


7th Heaven, well, there's a show that is constantly making me cry over something.


Survivor: Vanuatu...I have to admit, this is something I've never indulged in. Sure, I always hear about who got kicked off, all the alliances formed and broken, and all the backstabbing and strategy involved, etc, but Thursdays were usually set aside for dance practice. Survivor: Vanuatu is cool. It's got that girl-guy competition going and for the first couple tasks, the girls were victorious! On the real? I would NEVER do anything like that, subject myself to those kinds of conditions....not even for money. Know why? Because the first mission would be to get off the boat and swim to the island in sight and well, MnM can't swim for jack...plus, does anyone really know for sure how well those lil' lifesaver thingys survive in ocean-ocean water? Hmmm...I didn't think so. And no toilet tissue? Eating bugs? You've GOT to be kidding me!!! As if...


Gilmore Girls- love the daughter-mother banter. Smallville- c'mon...man of steel? Following the young life of Clark Kent and how he deals with his newfound powers while dealing with his raging hormones for Ms. Lana Lang....just thank goodness there are no red tights involved! btw: I'm so not feeling Lois Lane. Just how old is she supposed to be anyways??? She irritates me. She's gotta go.


If anything, I would highly recommend watching Jack and Bobby. The premise is that one will later become president of the United States. Jack and Bobby...but not as in the Kennedy brothers. Sure, the other WB shows may be geared to the bubblegum high school crowd, but like that really stops me from watching 'em. But this show is intelligent and worth watching. Try it. I bet you'll dig it.


Barbershop101: gave, wait, tried to give hubby a nice fade. If ya'll remember, I did a mediocre job last time. 'Twas nerves, I tell you. Not bad, halfway decent, but far from perfect. Well, it was time for yet another attempt. Hubby said, "If it doesn't work out, we'll just shave it all off. I mean, I don't want to shave it all off, but yah, that's what we'll do."


Well....hubby has been bald for the past week now. I didn't mean to mess up! Aiya! Although it seemed that he caught a cold hella fast without any hair to protect his head, it was a good excuse for him to start wearing hats again without the fear and annoyance of "hat hair." So if ya'll can imagine...hubby with no hair, sporting a goatee to make him look all hard. Oh yah baby! lol! Bald is sexy!


Texas Hold 'Em: still hooked onto the computer game. Found the option to change the default names of the players. Decided to put some familiar names in there to make the competition more interesting. Let's see...I've got hubby, the Lapids, Voodoo, the Weekender, Keyopes, the future Mrs. Gee, RhoRho, J, and myself. It's funny how easy it is to get pissed off at another player for winning a hand. I'd be yelling at the laptop, "Freakin' J, man! Stop raising and let me win already! What a punk!" Lol! (hey J, it's all love, homie!) Like I said, it makes the game a bit more interesting...and I'll keep pretending that I really know what I'm doing. =)


Shout-Outs


-Belated birthday shout-out goes to Mister J who celebrated his 31st on the 1st! Hope you had a blast! Looking forward to seeing you at Voodoo's wedding!


-Among my family and friends, there are a total of 22 birthdays being celebrated this month! Sheesh, October sure is busy....or should I say, that winter month of February sure is busy...Lol!


-A quick THANKS to my hubby for getting me "Dawson's Creek: Season 4" today. Whoo hoo! Yes, I am such a Dawson's nerd and such a happy camper! Other purchases at Best Buy today: Alladin anniversary edition, Shawshank Redemption special edition, Deep Impact special edition (what's up with all these special eds???), and of course for hubby, ESPN 2K5 PS2 game. Whew...that should keep us busy, eh???


Last, but not least

Hubby and I went to the dentist yesterday. Ugh. I'm so traumatized that I can't even blog about it right now! I'm trying to block all of the ugliness out of my mind. Lol! But as I was waiting, I was chatting with one of the dental assistants. We were talking about the weather, which btw, is quickly dropping into the low 30's at night! This is the start people, the beginning of the cold ass weather that is going to descend upon the lovely Twin Cities.


So the assistant mentioned that it must be a Minnesota thing....complaining about the weather, that is. To back up that claim, I even read in a "How to talk Minnesotan" book at Borders that yes, indeed, Minnesotans always always always talk about the weather. (Yes, can you believe such a book exist??? Seriously thinking of adding that to my library collection...) Now this ain't saying that I've become one of them (I REFUSE!), but in my mind, complaining about the weather is totally valid for someone like me who has not adjusted at all to this "all four seasons" crap.


It's getting mighty chilly during the night. They say that since we had such a warm summer, we might be looking at a long, cold winter. Long. Cold. Winter. Shiiiieeet.

No comments: