Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Procrastination Queen


The assignment is supposed to be 1050-1400 words. It's supposed to summarize two separate interviews that I had supposedly done and basically account for my observations in a classroom environment. This, by the way, was due last night. My excuse, however lame it may sound, is that will all the computer difficulties that I've been having lately, my mind hasn't been mentally prepared for writing mode. Plus, I was so mesmerized by last night's lightning storm that it was hard to concentrate.


I emailed my teacher last night to ask for an extension of another day. No response. She does know, however, that my computer died on me. Hopefully my paper won't be deducted so many points that it will affect my GPA.


I got up this morning with the intention of getting it done early in the day. I'll start after breakfast, I told myself. I opened the blinds and was met by the dreariest and grayest day ever. I know that somewhere out there is some kind of psychological study that explains how weather is a huge determining factor in the effects of one's motivation. It has to do with the senses and the messages that are sent to the brain that affects the entire body as a result. Gosh, are ya'll buying into that psychological crap? Lol!


I loaded up the cd changer with the following: 1) Jamie Cullum, 2) Jason Mraz, 3) Pure Aloha, 4) No Doubt, and 5) 50 First Dates soundtrack. My breakfast was done by the second or third track of Jamie Cullum and I am now halfway through Pure Aloha.


Seriously don't know why I can't get into school mode. I just want to crawl back into the warmth of my bed and sleep for another couple of hours. How pathetic!


It's 1:56pm right now. I will officially begin my paper at 2:00pm. For reals. I'll let you know how I'm doing.

No comments: