Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Just A Few More Months...


I am itching to move already. Ever since hubby and I visited our home-to-be, we are anxiously awaiting its completion.


It has been raining like a b*tch tonight. It's been pouring for the past how many hours, the sky has been lighting up like the Fourth of July, and the thunder is so loud it's creeping me out. (Wow! Can I just say that immediately after I wrote that line, the LOUDEST crack of thunder hit?! Eerie...)


The last time it rained like this, hubby and I unfortunately noticed that we had a mini leakage problem in the closet of our spare bedroom. Since we are on the top floor, I suppose it was inevitable (although problems like this shouldn't be happening at all had the apartment complex been as efficient in maintaining the place...). Well, we informed the leasing office and they told us that they would get right on it. Yah right. Just like they said they would get right on the broken towel rod in our bathroom. It's been how many months now?! At first, it didn't seem like a big deal, but when that rod pops out and sends our towels straight into the toilet, well, you can imagine how annoying and frustrating that can be. Plus, when you're standing buck naked in the shower and you're reaching for your towel and the rod suddenly pops out, it's an accident waiting to happen as you try to quickly maneuver yourself to catch the towel AND rod. You know what they say...the majority of accidents happen in the bathroom. Dammit.


So it's raining and we've got leakage once again. It's weird because the leak is coming from a hole right above the lightbulb. Y'know how you usually have a light cover over the bulb itself? Well, that was overflowing with rainwater! Hoping to goodness I wouldn't get electrocuted in the process, I got the stepladder and got to working on unscrewing the cover off. In the meantime and just my luck, the screws are not coming off easily making the damn thing spill all over me. By this time, we've got a steady stream of water coming down and the only thing that hubby and I could is to put something in the line of fire to catch the rain. I used flower vases. How ghetto! As I write this, I can hear the steady sounds of "drip, drip, drip" coming from the other bedroom. Lovely. And the forecast calls for some major rainfall throughout the night. Super lovely.


I can't wait til our place is done. At this point, it can't come quick enough.

No comments: