Wednesday, January 28, 2004

The Long Table

When my sister was dating my now bro-in-law, so many relatives were asking her when she was going to have "the long table." I seriously had no clue as to what people were talking about, and apparently, none of my friends did either. I finally learned that "the long table" was another way of saying "to get married." It signifed the long table that would be used at the wedding reception for food. In the Philippines, they didn't have sit-down dinners like we do now; rather, they had long buffet tables, hence the name. Makes sense now, doesn't it?

Wedding Bells

Something must be in the air. Wedding bells are about to ring out loud (and often!) this year. So far, there are two weddings that are set for hubby and I to use as our excuse to be back on the west side (two Hustler crew couples), and the Penalosa-Gee ceremony, which from what my sources tell me, ain't goin' to be a year engagement if the bride can help it! With all the wedding planning and such, it kinda makes me miss that whole aspect of putting one together. Just the other day, I was browsing in Borders and saw all of those Bridal mags...there are some seriously cute dresses and ideas out there!

Congratulations are in order to my homegirl at Cornerstone, msbLiSs and her man. They tied the knot last weekend and I just want to wish the newly happy couple much love and happiness! Other wedding announcements: Ms. Voodoo & Mango, who'll be having their nuptials in December, and Firemarshall J and his princess- date yet to be announced.

No comments: