Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Birthday Shout-Outs

You know...April must be a busy month for everyone. 'Tis when spring is in the air, love, and flowers...and a whole bunch of whoopee and baby making! There are a lot of birthdays this month and I just wanted to give my lil' shout outs. (And they say December and the winter months are busy....pshhh, whateva!)

*Miss Lily, my homegirl from Cornerstone, turned 25 yesterday. I had a chance to mentor her during her first year and since then, we've gotten pretty tight. When I first started out, I was given one of the tiniest rooms on the 3rd/4th grade floor. It was actually a room used for piano lessons. We converted it into a classroom and boy, let me just say that it was very "intimate." As the school expanded, we learned that another 3rd grade would be added and rumors were going 'round that the computer lab (which was next door to my small ass room), would be changed into a classroom. This computer room happened to be the biggest room on the floor. Well, yay for me, I got it and Lily became the new teacher to win my small, intimate, hella hot room (no windows, people!). Anyways, since I was leaving, the question once again arose as to who would be the lucky teacher to grab hold of that room. Lo and behold, Lily, my mentor-ee was the lucky winner. Ah...tis nice to "pass down" something that means so much! I truly enjoyed having that huge, cool room. Plus, it was the only room with A/C and on hot days, was my room the most popular or what? lol! In any case Miss Lily, hope you had a great day at school with all your lil' rugrats. Happy 25th Birthday!

*My nephew and godson Nico turned 3 yesterday! Turns out that for his special day, Mommy, Daddy, and Ate Bina were going to take him to Denny's! Yes, kids eat free on their birthdays- can't pass that up especially when Nico loves his Grand Slam breakfast! Nico and Bina are going to having a joint birthday party in a couple of weeks, but sad to say, I won't be able to make it out. My sis has been telling me though that Nico keeps asking, "Is Ninang coming to my birthday?" Awwww...don't tell me that! It's so cute when I call home because he's becoming VERY talkative now (just like his sister!) and you can actually hold a mini conversation with him. Too too cute. I figure that he won't miss me too much at his party, but I'll definitely make it up to him somehow. Happy 3rd Birthday Nico- Ninang loves and misses you! Be a good boy, okay?

No comments: