Monday, August 02, 2004

Things I'm Looking Forward To

Phantom of the Opera. This Tuesday, hubby and I will be celebrating our 2nd weddding anniversary. As a treat, hubby got us tickets to watch "Phantom." Although we have both seen it before, this will be the first for us to see it together. I have always claimed that my ultimate favorite broadway musical production is "Les Miserables," but "Phantom" comes in at a close second. Btw: if you click on the link, it will take you to the trailer for the movie coming out in December. Looks good - we'll probably have to check it out, too. Thanks hubby!

Twin Cities Festival. This upcoming weekend beginning on Saturday, well-known evangelical speaker, Luis Palau, will be here to share God's word to a crowd of thousands. I've actually never heard of him until a few months ago. He has his own radio show and from what I've heard, he prefers a more contemporary approach to spreading the Word to people. Take for example this festival. It's going to feature some of the top Christian bands and artists, a VeggieTales childrens' area, BMX bicycling, and a huge skateboard park. It's all part of his 'evangelism crusade.' He had said in an article that he wants to reach out to those who aren't getting what they need out of the traditional church services. It seemed too many people were bored in church and he wants to change all that. Learning, hearing, and sharing about God should be exciting!

At church last Sunday, they showed a news clip about a Luis Palau event a few years back. It showed the huge crowds, both young and old, coming together to listen to him speak. At one point, the camera panned the audience and everyone had their eyes closed in prayer. It was a great image to see prayer in the works. One woman shared that it seemed Palau's words were being spoken directly to her and what was going on in her life and that she practically cried the entire time. Oh gosh, I told hubby, I better prepare my stash of kleenex! I'm looking forward to this FREE event- I'm excited to see the artists who'll be performing, but more than that, it's going to be an awesome experience to be with so many people looking for prayer, fellowship, and just to be touched.


San Francisco. Yah baby...MnM is finally going to visit the Bay for a few! I'm so stoked! I've already compiled a list in my head of places I want to go, and of course, the beach is my top priority. I seriously just want to sit there, feel the wind in my face, listen and watch the waves crash, and just BE.

I had the funniest conversation with hubby. As usual, I was bitching about the weather we've been having lately (hella hot and humid!). I had to ask,

MnM: "Aside from the weather, is there anything else that I seem to bitch and whine about?"
Doh: "Well, now that you ask..."
MnM: "Really?"
Doh: "Well, you always seem to be talking about California. California this, California that. I mean, don't get me wrong, I miss CA, too."
MnM: "Yah, I suppose. I guess I'm just PRO-California!"
Doh: "But we're NOT in California."
MnM: "Yes, I realize that."
Doh: "What I'm saying is that some people have mentioned that 'Damn, she sure talks about California a lot. We ain't in CA, you know.'

What's funny is that even though we've been out here for a year now- A YEAR- the transition and adjustment hasn't been a piece of cake. I'll be honest, it's been rough. And when I have the opportunity to come back to the Bay and visit, well hell, I'm ecstatic! Sue me for being overjoyed....

No comments: