Friday, August 06, 2004

F*cked Up, but I'll Pass Anyways

Ya'll remember how I was helping out for that wedding for a young couple at church? Well, I've been busy driving to and from different craft stores looking for just the right details for the wedding, I've been spending all this time tracing and cutting out their names in hearts for the heart-shaped favors that yours truly had to send from CA (which btw, resulted in hand cramps from labor that the 10 bridesmaids should be doing!), I've been hole punching card stock for guest placecards, and now have been manually tying little blue ribbons to be glue gunned onto the 100+ favors among other things. Hubby has been generous enough to help out with printing their invitations as well as other computer related tasks. We've said it before and I'll say it again, we're not doing this for any recognition or anything. We offered our time and services because we really felt for the young couple and thought that helping out where we could would be a nice gesture. I'd like to think that we've been doing A LOT to make the reception a doable one considering their budget, or lack thereof.

So tonight there is a bridal shower for the bride. Apparently it's been in the works for a while...and guess who's not invited? Honestly, I could give a rat's ass. Don't get my venting session twisted with any subtext for wishing to have been invited. I've always said that I probably couldn't hang out with that crowd anyways. Seriously. Yes, they're good people, but just not my cup of tea to spend my Friday night, you know? I get along with them fine. But still... I just think that it's f*cked up that I didn't hear anything about it. You know what? I'd probably pass on it anyways...

No comments: