Thursday, August 26, 2004

Restless Night


I had an uneasy sleep last night. I couldn't quite find that perfect niche in the pillows to rest my tired head. Too many things running about inside that it felt like it was going to explode. My sleep was interrupted by jolts that are similar to the falling sensations. You know the ones where you are falling and you wake up at the exact moment you're to hit the ground. I hate those.

When I was younger, my sister told me that I had a knack for remembering my dreams. I would often recount, in full detail, my dreams the next morning. I could even tell you the color of the shirt the guy in the passing car was wearing. Through the years though, I suppose I haven't had any overly spectacular dreams that I rush out of the room to splurge hubby with details with. Lately, I've been trying to analyze my dreams. I've never been good at interpreting these supposed unconscious thoughts. I have, though, have known some people who could translate my dreams with some pretty good bullshit. Lol!


In the course of one night, I dreamt that I was in the midst of this massive earthquake. In the dream, I hurry to stand in the frame of the nearest door. But during all the commotion of falling objects, I remember the article msbLiSs posted in her blog about the "triangle of life." This theory basically throws the "duck and cover" concept out the door and goes as far as saying that it may very well be the cause of death in many collapsed buildings. In my dream, I quickly leave my post from the doorframe and lie down next to some desks. Just as the roof begins to cave down, I wake up.

Another dream was a cross between "Pimp My Ride," a western, and "West Side Story"..just without the love story. I remember a whole slew of cars with their shiny ass rims lined up on one side of the street while another long line of cars just as shiny line the other. I remember seeing this huge flatbed truck pull up at the end (and I'm sure this was due to my viewing of "The Best of Video Music Awards" on MTV where they had reshown Puff Daddy's grand entrance a few years back). I'm guessing that this was "against the rules" because a whole gang of people with rifles and other unknown guns started shooting and killing the driver. Egads! So then, it was like a draw. Everyone stood in front of their cars, guns at the ready. Someone decides to shoot first and before the rain of bullets pour down, I wake up.


Not knowing what to make of all this, I decide to check my handy dandy Online Dream Interpreter. This is what I found:

EARTHQUAKE This suggests great anxiety. But it is often dreamt when enormous personal changes are occurring, perhaps brought on by slow gathering change that suddenly pushes into consciousness.

GUN This could be a sign of urges to hurt someone. It may also signify fear of being attacked and hurt by others, or a sense of inadequacy when facing aggression. For some people the gun relates to a sense of power and strength to meet the world. It is a confidence based on an exterior object. The gun can also represent aggressive or frightening sexuality.

SHOOTING/SHOT A hurt received, or given. Fears or worries about death. The destruction of a part of yourself by another which is demanding energies in an aggressive way.

LORRY/TRUCK Like a car, it is your means of getting about in life, i.e. vehicle of expression such as music, drives, longings, ambitions, but the lorry connects more with commercial associations or projects. So it might link with feelings of major change, commercial ventures, of moving house.

Above all, the earthquake one makes the most sense. The others, ah well, totally open to interpretation. Here's hoping to a good night's rest tonight. *Note to self: do not watch MTV before getting some shuteye.*



No comments: