Tuesday, August 03, 2004

And It Only Gets Better!

Here is a rundown of how we celebrated our 2-year:

- Woke up early to find a card from hubby. Hubby was all excited when I opened it 'cuz included with the card was a certificate of registry of some kind. Turns out hubby named a star after me! According to the site, because of the vast number of stars, not all of them get a name-they usually get a mathematical number location. Now although I do have my OWN star named after me, it doesn't get into the scientific books. You'll never hear about the comet passing by MnM's star...too bad, eh? But it does go into the Universal Star Catalog and it belongs to no one else but yours truly. Omigoodness, it's just the most awesome thing! I've always had this love for the stars and anything space related when I was younger, but during Astronomy 101 at State, my dreams of becoming an astromoner or the 1st Pinay in space were shot to hell when I found out exactly how much Math is involved! Aiya! After that, i never pursued it, if only to be able to tell certain constellations apart. Perhaps it was also 'cuz we just watched "A Walk to Remember" and there's that scene when Landon asks Jamie to look for a certain star. She obliges and asks why this certain star and he replies, "Because it's yours. I had it named after you." Awwwww....too sweet! In any case, I got the certificate to prove it, but somewhere in the heavenly bodies is a star named after ME! =)


- Since hubby woke me up way earlier than I'm used to, I went back to sleep for a bit. Hubby came into the bedroom to announce that "breakfast is ready!" Wow! In those few mornings that I do get up before noon, hubby makes a point to make me breakfast and today being our anniversary was just an extra special surprise.


- Got a hair trim at Rocco Altobelli's. The one thing I love about salons is that no matter how much they do or cut off, your hair always feels like a million bucks afterwards. It's a nice kind of pampering. I think we've finally find a place that suits us. Actually, hubby is STILL searching for just the right barber...apparently none of the barbers in Minnesota can't fade guy's hair. This is definitely a problem. All the times hubby went to get his hair done, it never fails that he comes home dissatisfied. Me? I'm a bit more open. I don't really trust the Sam's or Supercuts, and even though this Rocco's is a bit pricey, it's worth it. Hubby has discovered their waxing services. I, for one, have never gotten anything waxed before and honestly, I'm just too damn scared of the pain. Hubby has now joined the ranks of Eastbay and such who get their eyebrows done. I gotta say...his are cleaner than mine! lol! I have yet to try it, but for now, I'll stick to plucking. One of these days, hubby and I are going to get massages...


- Throughout the afternoon, I got to talk to my sister and mom who called with anniversary greetings. It's kinda funny...I was talking to my mom when she says, "Oh hold on, there's another call." I'm waiting and she comes back and says, "Your auntie from Reno is calling" and proceeds to say her quick goodbyes. Inside I'm fighting the urge to say, "Hey, Minnesota is way farther than Reno!" Lol! It's all good though. Talked to family and got emails from friends...'tis always a treat when I do!


- Phantom of the Opera. Did I mention we had box seats? We were damn close, but for some reason, I was expecting our seats to be facing the stage...y'know, just like in the Muppets. lol! Instead, our seats were facing forward and we had to twist our bodies somewhat to see. Since we were on the end, we basically couldn't see anything that was happening stage right. It just so happens that's where a lot of the action was. 'Tis a good thing we both saw it previously to know what was happening. Then, just my luck, I have a lady in front of me who was constantly adjusting her view. You know, I try to be courteous to the people behind me. When you're watching in a theater like that, you have to find that window between heads, yes? When you move your head, the person in back is forced to the same, and the person in back of them has to move and so on and so on. Common courtesy. It wasn't so bad though. When I couldn't see the action on stage, I just focused my attention on the orchestra. I found myself mesmerized by the violins and the keyboard.


The show itself was pretty damn good. The guy who played the phantom was AWESOME, the costumes were lavish, and the overall story is just hauntingly beautiful. For some reason though, hubby and I were discussing that we don't remember it being SO operatic. I mean, yes yes, it's called "Phantom of the OPERA," but there were just some numbers where it seemed like "noise." Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of broadway musicals...I'm just not a hard-core opera fan. All in all, it was a faboo way to spend our anniversary!


- After "Phantom," we headed home with our "extravagant" dinner of Taco Hell. We were debating whether we should eat beforehand, but found we wouldn't have enough time. We settled for grumbling tummies throughout the night! Since nothing was open around 10:30pm-ish, we had no other choice but to do fastfood.


- Since I just finished an 8-week course online, I've been anticipating my grade for the past few days now. Just when the night couldn't get any better, I opened up my email to learn that I got a 99.8, an A! Whoo hoo! Thank God that all of that hard work and effort paid off! Since my Bay Area trip is coming up, I'm postponing my next class for a couple of weeks so I won't have any worries while I'm there. As the program looks, I should be done by April 2005. Hubby says we're going to fly to Arizona so I could participate in the graduation ceremony...it's just around the corner, isn't it? Damn.


*Thank you hubby for the wonderful way to spend our anniversary! Love, hugs, and kisses to you...*

No comments: