Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Ooopsie!

Here's an addendum to my Bay Area visit that I regretfully forgot to mention...sira ng ulo...AIYA!

- Birthday Shout-Outs. Though I didn't get a chance to wish any of these fools a happy birthday, a BELATED greeting is definitely in order. Mr. Jaypers celebrated his 31st on the 16th and his loyal sidekick, Dr. Camantigue, celebrated his 30th on the 11th. The last time I actually saw these kaibigans of mine were at my wedding! Well, it's been two years, but it doesn't mean I don't think about them. From what I hear through the grapevine, Dr. C is doing well in his residency. 'Tis funny, but whenever I happen to see "Scrubs" on TV, I think of him! As far as the head honcho himself, it seems that no one has really seen him. Keeping himself and his biz on the downlow, I suppose. Another belated birthday shout-out goes to lil' Noah who celebrated his 1st birthday on the 12th. I was wanting to visit Mommy Hernandez, but due to the conflict in schedules, wasn't able to. Next time!

- Walk and Talk. Y'know, before I actually flew out to da Bay, I told myself that I'd take advantage and walk Lake Merced everyday that I was back. The grand total of times I actually got my ass in gear? ONE! Egads! It was very close to being TWO, but it didn't happen when eating Akagi's was the other option. Lol! Anyways, the day before I left, I made arrangements to meet up with homegirl, Mace. Just like my Kumare, time and time again we always talked of meeting up, but it never happened. Well, I was determined to see her and we ended up, yes, walking Lake Merced. Now, I'm not sure whether it's because I'm totally out of shape or because I was being my madaldal self and talking up a storm, but it seemed like I was constantly out of breath! And how sad it was to see all these other seniors passing us up, giving us a smile, but deep inside they're probably controlling the urge to say, "What a bunch of wusses! Hurry up or move to the side!" Aiya! Hey lady, don't rush me! Lol! It was so great to meet up with this chicka. It's amazing that I've known her for about 8 years now. I met her while she was still in high school and look at her now, a graduate of occupational therapy. You go girl! I'm sure she tires of hearing this, but I'm so proud of her! I've always seen her as my lil' sis, but through the years, she's become a really good friend, too. We talked about our respective families, what's been going on in our lives, etc. It's so refreshing to just talk to another girlfriend, especially when it's been so long for me! She's one of those people that although we don't see each other for a while or keep in touch as often as we'd like, we pick up where we left off and continue from there. *btw: thanks girl, for the scarf you made me! it's awesome!*

No comments: