Friday, August 03, 2007

Would've Been...

...my 5-year wedding anniversary today. It's hard not to NOT dwell on it because that day meant so much. I refuse to let it get me down, but in so many ways, I think that it will affect me for some years to come. Even if it is to think about it as a day that should've turned out way differently than it has. It still saddens me tremendously, but I'm a totally changed person because of all that's transpired and I'm thankful. The events leading to that day and beyond has enabled me to nurture my relationship with God that has only become stronger, deeper, and more meaningful.

That is why I'm so excited for this weekend's events. I will be heading down to Monterey to attend the Christian Music Festival SPIRIT WESTCOAST. This rollercoaster summer of emotions is in definite need of some spiritual upliftment. Seeing Chris Tomlin last year was exactly what I needed...attending the concerts at Great America's Paramount Theater to see David Crowder and Jeremy Camp was awesome...and I anticipate Spirit WestCoast to be ever moreso. The major headline that I'm hyped to see is Switchfoot.

I'm sure that I'll have pics and stories to share, but in the meantime, please continue to keep the people in Minnesota affected by the bridge collapse in your prayers as well as each other...

No comments: