Tuesday, August 07, 2007



BeatsRhymesnLife: Anthology

Just had to put a plug out there for Mrs. Voodoo's completed project from her Year of Creativity. The published book contains selected writings, photography, and art from Mrs. Voodoo herself, BRL family, and BRL friends. I've always known that the many people that have come into my life, whether they were acquaintances or close friends, were just talented to the bone...and this book proves it. When the book arrived, I basically dropped whatever I was doing and spent the hour or so gulping it down page by page. I am amazed and blown away. It's so neat to read into other people's thoughts and see how they view the world around them. We could all be looking at the very same thing, but have completely different feelings towards it. But another aspect that makes this book so WOW is to see your own piece of writing in print.

One of my life goals is to be a published author...either of my writings, my pictures, or both. Seeing how Mrs. Voodoo put a lot of time in putting this anthology together, I do see that it is a doable project. But one thing that's always held me back is myself. They say that you're your own worst critic...and I agree. When the call was made to submit five pieces of work, it was hard to decide what to give. I wasn't sure if I wanted parts of me to be out-out there, know what I mean?

In any case, I'm much proud of Voodoo for cranking this out and for sticking to her Year of Creativity project. It's very inspiring! Who knows...maybe I'll sum up the courage to join her hext year! In the meantime, check out the site, check out the preview, and order yourself a copy or two (or three...or four...).

Thanks Mrs. Voodoo for making one of my goals a reality! The book is awesome!

No comments: