Saturday, April 17, 2004

Slushy Banana Brain

Like my title? I actually got this from a classmate of mine at UOP. That is how she described how she was feeling after the PRAXIS testing we all took today. For me, that is a major understatement. I am actually quite disappointed with myself because I basically did everything that I was NOT supposed to do prior to the test. Let's break it down...I procrastinated in buying a prep book, I started actively studying on Wednesday (as in just three days ago!), I was up until about 2:30am this morning cramming, and because of all the anxiety I was having, kept waking up every hour. By 6am, I was up to take a shower and hubby got me to the test center by 7:30am. By the time I was seated in the classroom, I was about ready to shut my eyes and go to sleep. Not good. Plus, it didn't help that during standardized testing, the proctor is required to read exactly from the booklet and the dude we had just droned on and on. On the real? 'Twas rough...really rough for me. I don't feel confident that I passed any of the sections, especially Math. We're given 30 minutes to write an essay, but by the time I finished organizing my thoughts together, the proctor announced that there were only 10 minutes left! Holy crap! Usually, I would be happy with my performance on these kinds of tests...but not this time. That sucks. I'm so bummed. I think a Target run is in order....

No comments: