Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Belated Easter Wishes

Happy Belated Easter to all ya'll! It has definitely been a whirlwind of things happening left and right out yonder that has left me blogless for a few days and for that, I apologize.

Finally got to watch "The Passion of the Christ." I remember hearing about how controversial this movie was going to be and how graphic the portrayal of Christ's beating would be. I honestly wasn't sure I wanted to see the movie at all. I was having all this anxiety. After it started showing, all these panel discussions started popping up to basically talk about Mel Gibson's interpretation. All these religious scholars and church groups wanted to discuss the impact the movie was making and to analyze the passion itself. One issue is that of Christ "substituting" His death for all of us. Questions to reflect and think about include the following:

1. Cannot man suffer for his own sins? Yes or No and why?

2. Can man atone for his own sin?

3. Is this not unfair to make the innocent suffer for our sins against His will?

4. Could God not just forgive the sinner without the terrible death on the cross of Calvary?

5. Is it not impossible to transfer guilt from a guilty one to an innocent one?

6. If each sin requires eternal death, how could Christ suffer an innumerable number of deaths in the few short hours of Calvary?


"The Passion of the Christ" was such an intense and powerful movie. Once the tears started to flow, they just couldn't stop until the end of it. There were even moments where I was sobbing quietly because I was just too overwhelmed and overcome at what happened to Jesus. I appreciated the flashback moments between Jesus and his mother, Mary. Although I am not a mother just yet, I cannot fathom the pain and anguish she must have felt to watch her son suffer so much. Was the movie graphic? Absolutely. But to watch the "reality" of how Jesus was beaten, scourged, and crucified makes what He did for each of us, for me, so powerful. Those images will forever be etched in my mind. After watching this movie, I felt so much conviction in my heart and it made me wonder, "How could people NOT believe?"

I don't think that Mel Gibson decided to do this movie with the intention to convert people, but from what I've heard, it has made non-believing atheists go to church. For many others, it has affirmed and reaffirmed their belief in God and His awesome power. As the credits were rolling, I still had tears in my eyes. I just felt so thankful and blessed that Christ died to save us all from sin despite our unworthiness. I totally recommend that everyone go see this movie, with the exception of small children of course. I believe that just to see for yourself what probably happened to Jesus will touch even the hardest of hearts.

Prayer Requests

It has been an eerie course of nature that tragedies within our families occur during the first few months of the new year. Just last week, my mom's brother had a stroke which has left him paralyzed on one side of his body. Turns out that while he was working in the garden, he began to feel some numbness and called his daughter in the house via cell phone. She called 911 and my uncle was taken to the hospital. From what they tell me, his prognosis is good. In fact, he's so stubborn and impatient that he feels that he is able to do things on his own already and is feening for solid foods. He actually fell and got a black eye 'cuz he tried moving about on his own. My sis says his spirits are positive- he even challenged his brother (who also had a stroke and is in a wheelchair) to a race. Lol!

Early Monday morning around 1:30ish in the morning, we got a call from Mare DeJesus. Turns out that Pare had been having chest pains all morning and drove himself to the hospital. After doctors checked him out, turns out that he had a heart attack. Hubby and I went to the hospital to help drive the fam home. Again, it's good that he went to the hospital early on, but the fact that he's only 37 is scary. We've been spending time with Mare and the kids, trying to help out where we can. It really is hard when there ain't no family around...

My Mom and Pops are off to another pilgrimage. From what I hear, they may be snow where they're going! I told them that it's their chance to feel Minnesota weather- lol! Please pray that they have a safe journey free from harm or sickness and that they return home safely.

Last, but not least, I got semi-traumatized as we were driving home from the hospital the other night. Why? 'Cuz this white cat happened to be trying to cross the freeway...and well, you can figure out the rest. I was following hubby as he drove Mare's car home and in a blink of an eye, I saw this white cat hesitate as his car passed, but as he did, it went and...oh gosh, it was terrible! Just hearing the "doog" sound as I was traveling about 70mph made my stomach all queasy. Well, lil' kitty cat had no chance and I just hope that death was instant. I felt really bad considering that it was Easter and all...but kitty cat heaven for him or her now...

Please continue to keep these people in your prayers. Prayer is such a powerful thing and does make a difference. Much love....

Drum Roll Please....

As promised, here's a pic of my new tatt!




"pinay" & "lakas"





Pinay Strength



No comments: