Sunday, July 01, 2007

MnMz Weekend

As a San Francisco native, it always blows my mind to see different parts of the Bay Area that I've never or rarely seen. I'm literally a tourist in my own city...how funny is that? I know quite a few people who can attest to the fact that I don't have a clue in navigating my way around da city. MapQuest is my friend. To speak in my own defense, I've never really had any reason to venture outside of my lil' neighborhood. Okay, during college was the time to explore and such, but egads, let me be honest and admit here that I've never really been keen on directions. Just tell me where to go.

This weekend, I was able to see sunsets and moonrises in two completely opposite places and yet, each place was just as beautiful. On Friday, I ventured across the Golden Gate Bridge (toll is $5.00!) and did the drive along the winding road leading to Mt. Tamalpais. The change of weather is so dramatic as you cross the bridge...it went from being totally engulfed in fog to none at all. As nerveracking as that drive is, the clear evening skies with the stars overhead is reward enough. If case you haven't had the chance this weekend, check out the full moon...simply awesome. In fact, the moon provided just the right amount of light to find a nice spot on Stinson Beach. As I sat there, all I could do was just close my eyes and let the crashing waves hypnotize me. It was so calming. If it wasn't for the dropping temperatures, I could've stayed all night. With the light of the full moon settling on the water, the view was overwhelmingly breathtaking. One can't help but take a moment to thank God for His wonderful creations...such awesome beauty by the Creator's hand...

Even though it was nighttime, you can tell just by walking on the beach how clean and fine the sand was...compared to Ocean Beach sand, I might even think about walking barefoot here! Ocean Beach...aw hell no! You just never know what you're stepping on, y'know?

Took this pic while crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. I love how you can see both lanes of traffic. Plus, the silhouette of the tower looming ahead against the backdrop of the sunset is always a sight to behold.

A tad blurry, but gives you an idea of how bright the moon was and how it just lights up the water.


Saturday found me taking a drive on Highway 1 towards Half Moon Bay. Totally not planned, but well worth it. Ended up at Pigeon Point Lighthouse. I know that there's a bunch along Highway 1, but it's the first that you hit. (Neat factoid for you: this lighthouse is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the world.)



There were quite a lot of people who were in the area to watch the sunset. I took multiple shots as the sun went down...and it was just neat to see how it slowly, but surely dipped into the horizon until it finally disappeared. Reminds me of this commerical on TV back in the day. I can't even recall what it was for, but it was of a father and a small child watching the sun go down. The dad is leaning over to the child saying, "Going...going...going...gone!" And the little kid looks up to the dad and says, "Do it again, Daddy!" Awwww...melts my heart!

Going...

...Going...

...gone (almost, at least...)


As I made my way back to my car, I had to walk along the dirt shoulder of the road because there was this long entourage of cars making their way to the exit. I didn't realize how long the line of cars were, but what was so cool to see was that it was an entourage of PT Cruisers! Each PT Cruiser that passed had personalized plates - "LUVMYPT", "PTCRUZR", "PRTTYPT"- to name a few. If I had to guess, I'd say there were about 15-20 of 'em...they just kept coming! And what made me chuckle was the fact that ALL the drivers seemed were white! I don't know...I guess stereotypically speaking, I was half-expecting all the drivers to be of Latino descent...you had to see them and I so wish I took a picture. A few of them even had the flames on the sides...talk about a missed Kodak moment!
A few more...

I love silhouette pics.

Pigeon Point Lighthouse from the back.


Birthday Shout-Out

Just wanted to wish Josemryosp, aka Mr. Outback Proprietor, a very Happy 34th Birthday! Hope you have a wonderfully wonderful day...love and blessings to you always!

No comments: