Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Mommy Hernandez and I went to the midnight release of the much awaited Book 7 at Barnes and Noble this morning. First off, I have to say that the entire process of getting people lined up, etc, was awfully disorganized. Yesterday at 6pm, we were in line to get our Gold bracelets which would guarantee our space in line. We waited a little bit more than an hour just for the bracelet. Each bracelet was assigned a letter group. I'd say that we were in the early 20s in line and our bracelets were in the A-group. Cool!

We met up again around 10:30pm so that we could partake in some of the activities. Both of us got lightning tattoos on our forehead...something that I was excited to get at the time, but then totally regretted it afterward. Why? I thought of all my students who'd come to school with these tattoos and I could hear them saying, "I tried to scrub it, but it just won't come off!" Now if it was school time, I wouldn't have any worries about the tattoo...heck, my kids would probably think I was the cool teacher with the lightning bolt! BUT...seeing that school is not in session, I was thinking how ridiculous I'd be walking around with this yellow lightning bolt at, for example, church on Sunday. Lol! But I did get another one of the inside of my forearm...a cool "7."




Some of the other activities that they had included face painting, Sorting Hat (which Hogwarts house you'd be assigned to), a scavenger hunt, photo shoot, and my fave, fortune telling. Mommy Hernandez stood in line with me, but said that because she is very Hermione-esque, aka, not sold on divination, she passed.

We had our very own Professor Trelawny!



My fortune was quite interesting! She told me to place both my hands on the deck of cards and focus all of my energies to it. She told me to see a picture of a moon in my mind (I thought of the full moon at Stinson...) and as I released the image, I was to cut the deck into three. The following cards appeared:

The Child
Innocence
Wedding

Okay, when the "Wedding" card was turned over, I literally chuckled. Trelawny looked at me puzzled and I had to comment that I just got divorced! Here's what she continued to say....

CHILD CARD- I like to be around children, children like to be around me. I feel good when I’m around kids. “You care deeply about children and they readily respond to your love. All children, including your own inner child, require love, affection, and attention. We can clear and open your heart and schedule so that you can give more time and energy to the children who need you.” (I took a picture of this card only...I should've recorded what she said, dammit!)

*Okay...coincidence that I'm a teacher??? I've always thought I had a knack with getting along with kids...maybe 'cuz I'm a big kid myself....

INNOCENCE CARD- I have an anger and bitterness inside that is hindering me..and in order to get back that innocence, I have to let the anger go.

*Interesting about the letting go of anger and bitterness thing...

WEDDING CARD- this doesn’t necessarily have to mean a wedding is in the works. It could mean that there is someone who I am committed to and that I care deeply about, someone who is dear to me. This is the same person who will have a role in helping me get past of said anger and bitterness and move on.

*Hmmm...interesting...that's all I gotta say about that...

Not to say that I heavily rely on what Tarot cards say...but just like horoscopes, I get easily amazed at how eerily close it gets to how my day is or what my situation is like. Very interesting...

With time inching its way towards midnight, there was a lil' countdown..."10!...9!...8!..."....quite lame if you ask me. I think the entire thing could've been better planned. Oh well! But hey...standing in line for bracelets paid off because Mommy Hernandez and I were outta Barnes by 12:15am...how dope is that?!

I'm off to read...leave me alone! Lol!



See Mommy H? I didn't post our pics of us with the Harry Potter glasses and lightning bolt tatts! Lol...I'll save us some dignity...THANKS for hanging out and doing the midnight release thang...I had fun! Hugs to you always...

No comments: