Thursday, June 16, 2005

Giants vs. Twins, Game 2

Victory is ours!!!

I had a "feeling" that it was the Giants' night. I mean, yes, I hoped and prayed it would be, but there was a gut feeling about it, too.

We decided to splurge a bit for seats and found ourselves in Section 138, 3rd Row, which is basically down the 3rd baseline in left field. Definitely better seats compared to the drunken section we had prior, although I have to say that there were more hecklers this time. Loud, boo-hissing, whistling hecklers...who just could not leave Moises Alou, #18, alone. "Moiiiiiissses Alouuuuuuuuu.....you succccccckkkkkk!"

Speaking of Moises Alou...can I just say HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT? Taking beloved Barry's spot on the field, he did his share of hustling, hitting, and getting on base. But what got us so giddy last night was when he finally turned his attention to US! The first time, he was looking around, I started waving at him, and he raised his gloved hand and closed it, his own way of saying hello. It was to ME. How do I know? Because no one else in our section was doing shit to get his attention! He did that a couple of times to people behind him, too, so I knew that he was saying hi. The second time was when they were changing pitchers. He was chilling against the back wall and hubby yelled his name. I was waving my arms to get his attention again, and when he finally looked over, hubby popped his collar to show off his Giants jersey, and what did Moises do? He popped his collar back! Hubby then raised his fist in the air with the whole "Go Giants!" thang, I stood up and pointed to my Giants sweatshirt, Moises pumped his fist and then pointed at us! Lol! Hubby is convinced that he's got a bond with Alou now! It was so cool! Yes, yes, one of THE major highlights, but imagine if that was Bonds though!

The Giants were up 5-0, but started to lose that lead around the 6th or 7th inning. When catcher Mike Matheny was up, I was telling hubby "down the line, down the line." He hadn't gotten any hits the entire night and hubby said that he was due for a hit. "Down the line, down the line," I kept repeating and what do you know? Matheny hit it down the 3rd baseline! After that, Omar Vizquel was up. Hubby didn't think he performed his best during Game 1 and I said that if he was going to make up for last night's game, well, this was the time. I told hubby, "down the center, down the center." And what did he do? Homerun down the center!!! WHOO HOO! Hubby and I were out of our seats cheering!

Final Score: Giants 8, Twins 4. 'Twas a good game! Oh yah, on our way to the parking lot, I noticed a dude with a Giants jersey going the same way we were. He finally noticed us and had this huge grin on his face. I yelled, "Go Giants!" and his girlfriend yelled, "Go Giants!" Actually, she was still yelling by the time we got to the car. I told hubby that at tonight's final game, if we see fellow Giants fans, we taking a picture with them....we gotta stick together!

We're going to try to get the same seats again, but this time, make a sign. Who knows if we might catch the cameraman's attention? If ya'll are watching and happen to see two fools with signs, let me know!

No comments: