Tuesday, June 21, 2005

First Day of Summer

June 21, aka, the first official day of summer AND the longest day of the year. It seems like I've been having many "longest days of the year" lately, but that's a whole other story.

Let's see...what have I been up to? Saw "Batman Begins" last Friday on IMAX. That was cool. Why is that most IMAX screens are at zoos and/or amusement parks? I'm sure that there is some educational aspect of it all, but maybe I'm just complaining (yet again!) about the bugs that come with the territory of going to a zoo in hot Minnesota weather in the first place. Sue me if I got all weirded out by all the flying whatever-they-ares that were seen in the Batman-esque beam of light near the movie entrance. If ya'll have seen the movie and remember the batcave scene, you get a general idea. Gross.

Steady Weather, My Ass!

Caught up with my homie, J, today and as I was complaining how hot it was over here (mid-80's, hot, humid, muggy), he commented, "Well, at least you guys are getting steady weather over there compare to here." Steady weather, my ass! I mean, if you can call muggy and humid temps that suddenly drop approximately 20 degrees steady. If you can call bright and sunny one minute, then winds up to 70mph complete with black clouds spouting rain and hail steady. If you can call ominous, yet awesome thunder and lightning storms with the possibility of funnel clouds forming into a tornado and touching down steady- sure! Steady weather, my ass!

Okay, so we don't have road and highway closures due to snow...gee, thank God! Ugh...the "s-word." Something that I don't even want to think about, but c'mon, I will take unsteady weather that includes marine layer fog one minute and blazing hot another minute if I didn't have to worry about what I'd grab first in the case of a tornado! It's too much damn stress on my nerves, that's for sure!

Shout-Outs

Just wanted to send one of my oldest galpals, VirgoCapri, much love and congratulations on her upcoming wedding! Just found that out that girlfriend is up and moving to Atlanta, Georgia to be with her future hubby. Wow, huh? It's kinda like I never really gave Minnesota much thought before moving here (besides the fact that 90210's Brandon and Brenda were from here!), I've never really thought of anything about Georgia besides it being a stopover I once made there. In any case, VirgoCapri and lil' Kai will be finding the much deserved happiness in the South...and I think in the many ways that we did here in the Twin Cities, she will definitely up the Filipino population-lol! Love and hugs to you! And who knows...maybe I'll be able to make it out to the South for the nuptials!

No comments: