Sunday, November 11, 2007

School Update

School on Friday was "interesting." It was apparent that everyone was on edge and more alert as usual. Turns out that employee was "let go," but something tells me that this isn't the end. While the school staff has not been formally told about what's going on, I did talk to one of the higher-ups of Administration...and I do not agree with how everything was handled. First of all, it's been established that this employee has not been taking her perscribed medication. This has resulted in major mood shifts and bouts of paranoia where she believes that everyone is against her. I wasn't aware, but earlier in the year, her husband passed away. She had been seen talking to herself, but some are thinking that she is talking to her deceased spouse. She has also been warning people to stop bugging her husband because he's so busy...this showing that perhaps she has not accepted or is still trying to deal with the loss of her husband. With this mental and emotional instability, I do believe that her presence at school puts the safety of the students and staff in jeopardy.

At the same time, I firmly believe that she is in need of some serious help and support....her being fired (in the presence of a police officer) doesn't make matters better. She probably feels betrayed after having worked at school for so many years, too. I think suspension would've been better...give her a mini-vacation, use that time to hold an emergency staff meeting, and really look into any possible solutions. But now, on top of her instability, we're thinking anger, bitterness, and possibly hate. Okay, they asked for her keys upon terminating her, but does that guarantee that she won't be back? That's what I'm worried about.

Thankfully we have this three-day holiday...maybe emotions will cool down, maybe not. All I know is that Admin could've handled this better. As thankful as I am knowing that she won't be around the students, I am saddened for her. I continue to pray that she gets the proper help through the right channels and that she will not take her anger out on anyone.

MnM's Crib

I spent the night at my place for the very first time on Friday...I was stoked! As I slowly move the rest of my belongings in, the place gets a tad cozier each time. Spending the night was an impulsive decision and I wasn't quite prepared...for example, it would've been PERFECT if I had brought my lil' portable heater because it was DAMN COLD. Lol!

I woke up with the intention of going running (since I'm so close to the beach and all...), but dude, it was raining! Rain the entire day isn't a total loss- to be honest, it's actually romantic. Just makes you want to stay in your pj's all day lounging in bed...

Blockbuster Night

Not that I go to Blockbuster anymore...hell, I don't even do the NetFlix thing...but I have built up my own lil' DVD collection and tonight was the perfect night to hang out and watch. While I may not have my own TV and DVD player, my laptop has served its purpose well in that department. I popped in "Best Man"- always a good laugh out loud comedy with some drama and a kick ass soundtrack. I can't tell you how many times I've watched this movie, but somehow, I haven't gotten sick of it.

"Love Actually" was my other choice. I swear, I love this movie! It would seem perfect to watch this during Christmas...and I'll probably watch it again next month. But man..."...love is all around me..." could be somewhat depressing. But not as depressing as it was LAST Christmas! No, there really is nothing for me to be depressed about simply because this year, 2007, has been MY year...and 2008 is going to be even better.

It's such a feel good movie...and it gets me every time. I ESPECIALLY love that one scene with Keira Knightly where her husband's best friend comes to the door with all of the written signs that basically declares his love for her. And he does it without any hope or expectation in return...he does it because it's Christmas (and at Christmas, you tell the truth...). It melts my heart! Make me wish that someone could look at me the way he looks at her...

When I first watched "Love Actually" for the first time, I remember thinking that there were too many little stories to follow...but it just goes to show how LOVE can be felt on so many different levels and capacities.

Anyways...with the Christmas holidays coming up, it makes me wonder what things I should share "because it's Christmas." I would definitely be putting myself out there...and yet, I should do so without hope or agenda. No matter what the outcome, I should take the chance...just because.

1 comment:

CLS said...

there's something a little illegal about wrongful termination without prior attempts at accomodation.