Monday, November 05, 2007

Chez MnM

This weekend was the big move. I say "big" simply because it was the biggest pieces of furniture that had to be trucked in. Thankfully, I've acquired a nice, comfy couch, a loveseat, and a round, kitchen table set from my sis. I shared this with a few people already, but there was a brief moment after I had signed the lease papers where I had this "Oh shit! What did I just do?!" moment. Not that I was in a state of panic, but I was left in this empty room all by myself. Just for the record, it IS small, but it's got a lot of potential...and hell, it's MY space. That's the most important thing.

It really has been a HUGE transition for me...simply because I've never been on my own before. I basically lived my entire life at home with my parents, got engaged, got married, moved out with the hubby, and that was that. I never got to experience living out on my own...something that I craved for so long. I was always so jealous of friends back in college who got to move out and roomie up with someone. I know they must've struggled, but still, they had their independence. But now that I've got my own newfound independence, I finally have a chance to see if I can make it on my own. I realize that yes, it will be hard for a while, but hell, I will say that I've already gone through worse. It will mean LESS Starbucks....LESS Jamba Juice....LESS Barnes and Nobles/Borders....LESS dvd purchases.....fine. I can deal. I will survive. I HAVE survived, yah? So yes, with some furniture now in place (and who really cares if they don't match?), the space instantly warmed up. It'll be even better once I get things up on the wall. Shoot...if I can swing it, I'd love to paint and give it some color...we shall see.

Much love and thanks to BruthaMan and Ang for trucking everything from the East Bay...and to my sis, BADMama, for going shopping, unloading, and cleaning, and of course, to Bina and Nico for making the move fun-filled. It was so great to hang out with the family at my new place...my first visitors- yay!

Anytime Now...

It was Sha's last day at work this past Friday. I tell you, that girl looks like she's going to give birth any day now! It's been such a blessing to have seen her through her pregnancy, to see her tummy grow, and just to see and hear about the different changes going on. Honestly, my respect factor grew tenfold after seeing my niece and nephew born. Talk about the most amazing experience of my life! Then of course, I see the teachers at school who are moms, too, and I am in awe. I don't know how they do it- teach at school all day and then go home and be a mom. That goes for every mom out there! It sounds like such a tough job juggling both, but seriously, it's a job that I would be so grateful to have one day, if it's part of my plan.

Sha has got until the end of the month...will she give birth early? will she be late? Stay tuned for more updates! And by the way...she's already named MnM one of the Ninangs....another ina-anak to spoil! (fyi: she's having a girl!) Until then, my love, thoughts, and prayers go out to her and baby girl...

BRRRRRR....

What is UP with this weather lately? It's cold out, but it's a different kind of cold....almost like a Minnesota cold...a cold that cuts you like a knife cold...a bone-chilling cold....it's just freakin' C-O-L-D! I used to think cold was cold, but no. I was wrong. In MN, I could distinctly feel a difference from 10 degrees and 0 degrees. And of course, let's not forget the wind chill factor. It may be 10 degrees out, but it really feels like -10. So yah...that "cold is cold" is just a myth. There's a world of difference.

I was supposed to go running today (it would've been my first since the marathon...), but I chickened out. If it's cold at work, how much colder would it have been at the beach? Maybe tomorrow I'll be braver...lol.

Stay warm, ya'll...much love.

2 comments:

Rho said...

congrats, twin! i know you'll be just fine. let us know if you need anything.

MnM said...

thanks Twin! well, IF and WHEN we ever try and get together, you and j can visit my lil' crib...lol!