Saturday, January 27, 2007

Quote of the Day

"It's okay to be happy....because you never know how fleeting that happiness can be."

I don't know who said this, or if it is, indeed, a real quote. All I do know is that it tells me that I shouldn't have or need a reason to justify feeling happy "despite my situation." It's a "live in the moment" kinda quote; a "you only live once" quote; a "screw it, I deserve this moment" kinda quote. We're all just trying to move forward in this game of life and I want to do it without worry, guilt, or fear. Ain't nothing wrong with that...

A Nip from Max

Just a nip, my ass! Max, for those who do not know, is my homegirl's pet dog. Max is frisky, excitable, jumpy, and all of the other things that I do NOT enjoy about dogs. All cuteness aside, it's not that I don't like dogs, I just don't like them ON ME. So when I went to DogLover's house yesterday, according to homegirl, they were just excited to see Auntie MnM. So excited that all barking and playing ensued and the next thing I knew, Max had his jaws around the back of my leg! Can I just say instant tears to my eyes??? I got freakin' bit by a dog! Albeit there were no puncture wounds...still, it hurt! DogLover calls it a nip....pssssh...whatever! I do have a bruise to show for it and all I can say is thank goodness, I wasn't wearing a skirt! I swear, all of the fears I ever had about dogs that disappeared through the years came back in that one instant.

So yes....I just got bit by a dog...how's your weekend so far???

No comments: