Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mabuhay Il Divo!

So my favorite men have started their 2nd world tour...the first leg of their tour is taking them all over Asia and just yesterday, they performed in the Philippines. One of my diva friends actually flew home JUST FOR THE CONCERT and lucky gal that she is, got to sit in the 6th row! She even got to talk to David (the American) and exchanged some smiles and pleasantries. Totally exciting news! While I won't go into the details of the concert, I just had to share this one tidbit. The concert was supposed to start at 8pm. Well, let's just say that if they didn't know what "Filipino time" was then, they know now! LOL! Well, the concert (the one and ONLY one in PI) was held at PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) in Manila. Apparently, this venue is usually attended by high dignitaries and just high society in general (this includes singers, actors, and the like). Turns out the concert was delayed because they were waiting for the arrival of Lady President Gloria. She was an hour late! Aiya! While I may not totally follow how her presidency is goin' (I know, shame on me...), what I did read was that when she finally arrived, she was booed and heckled! THEN, Il Divo did not acknowledge her presence (hopefully by accident?), but at the end, there came an announcement that no one was allowed to leave the building until Lady President left....common protocol. Concert goers were not pleased and then continued to boo and heckle her yet again. Interesting...

Anyways, all politics aside, Seb (my French fave!) did try to get his Tagalog on with "Mahal ko kayong lahat!" Awwwwww.....what I would've given to hear him say that!

No comments: